Cannot insert image in Visual Composer

Hi there, 

I keep getting an error message when uploading an image to the visual composer image block. I also cannot access the media library using the same block. This occurs on all pages of www.sccapool.org. The message is "An error occurred in the upload. Please try again later."

I am able to upload an image into the media library directly, I just can't access the image using the image block on the visual composer. 

Please help!

Thanks!

Chelsea

Comments

• Hi,

This is a confirmed WordPress core bug:https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/42574. “MediaElement upgrade causing JS errors when certain languages are in use e.g de_DE-formal”.

The issue applies to any language file in this format: de_DE-formal.

To resolve this, change the WordPress Core to the regular format: de_DE by changing the language in the WordPress admin area (Settings > General). For example, if currently set to “Deutsch (Sie)” instead select “Deutsch”.

Best regards,
    Muffin Group team
  • Hi there, 

I have changed the language setting from English (US) to Deutsch to other versions of English and the problem still persists. At the very end of the thread you cited above, someone suggested that this was not a language issue. Any other ideas? Visual composer seems useless if you can't use image blocks.

Thanks,

Chelsea
    sccapool.org
  • HI,
    the example shows that you have to change the language from formal to normal, it does not matter which language you use. It is not about changing to DE language.

Please update wordpress to the newest version, they have released a patch to fix this issue.
    thanks
  • I have version WP 4.9.1 installed.  I have changed the languages from English US to English NZ, UK, AU, SA and Canada. Nothing is working. Images are not populating throughout the website now. They are also not populating in the media library or Slider Revolution. Please help!
  • When I attempt uploading a photo to the media library, nothing appears to upload even though it says 100% uploaded.
  • All theme plugins are updated. I have two other plugins that I deactivated and the problems still exist.
  • Please let me know if I can provide you with a temporary admin login so you can inspect this issue in more depth. 
  • Hi,

Please go to your FTP, create a php file with phpinfo() function inside and send us a link to that file privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact so we can have a look on your server settings. The problem is probably related to limits but to be sure which one is the reason, we need that link. For more details about file creation, please visit https://mediatemple.net/community/products/dv/204643880/how-can-i-create-a-phpinfo.php-page.

Notice!
    1. If you are chatting with support via email, please do not post here.
    2. Attach your license key and the WordPress admin login credentials.
    3. Send a link to this discussion, so the email support knows where to look.

Thanks