Forum has been created to help all our customers in properly working our theme. We offer complete help with configuration theme and make default look, just like on our Be|theme demo. We don`t offer theme customization.

Before creating a new discussion, please:
1. Check on forum if discussion hasn`t been created before. Use the forum Search on the right.
2. Read carefully the documentation included to package.
3. If you didn`t find what you need and would like to post a new question click the "Start a New Discussion" button on the right.
4. You can post on forum only after registration (you need purchase code to register) .

NOTE!!! If you are starting a new topic and have got problems with your site and you want us to check what`s wrong please always give url to your site because without that we can`t check what`s wrong. Each case may be different because of your installed plugins, servers or other things.

IMPORTANT!!! Along with your inquiry, please attach the address of the page which concerns the question. This will cause the time to answer on your question will be much shorter. If you do not want to publish your address publicly in the forum, please send a private message. Thanks!

White space under footer

Hi, just built a site using BeTheme and there is a white space under the footer on all pages:
evolvelrg.com/wp-content/uploads/footer-gap-1024x226.jpg

It occurs in all browsers and devices, have found other discussions on this forum related to this issue but none seem to offer a fix.

Inspecting the CSS it seems the body is calculated too short as the body ends where the gap is (not a CSS expert just having a guess).

Have removed all Custom CSS and issue persists.

If it helps we are using a custom page layout for the home and default for all other pages, footer is "Stick to bottom if content is too short" and "Copyright & Social Bar" is set to hidden.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Please sign in to see answear!
  • Hi,

The site is on the latest version (4.9.1–en_GB), no updates are available for BeTheme or WordPress.

As stated before it is visible in all browsers and devices, I have just done a fresh install of Firefox to test the live site in a browser that I have never logged in to the site with, and the space is clearly visible at the bottom.

We have also tested this on Android devices and Apple devices which we are not, and have not previously logged into the site with, and the white space is visible.

Any ideas?
  • Have granted admin access

Thanks
  • Hi, I have removed the Javascript (Google and ClickDimensions tracking codes) and the white space indeed disappears.

We were doing this using an Plugin as adding JS to the site via the BeTheme options outputs code into the space in the footer. 

However, as soon as you add any JS code into the BeTheme options "Custom CSS & JS" the characters //]]> appear in the white space. The JS used for the below screenshot was: <script type="text/javascript"></script> I also tried: <script></script> just to check there was nothing wrong with the JS, and the same occurred.

How do we add JS to the site for tracking codes etc. without this occurring?

I have removed all JS from site and have left you admin access to investigate.

Thanks
  • Many thanks