Getting a Fatal Error when I try to update a page

I just bought a new license for BeTheme 2017-12-22. I downloaded it from my Envato downloads page, installed and got a demo site up and running. I successfully edited the menu but when I deleted some page sections within the muffin builder and click update, I was getting an error that my server couldn't handle it and in System Status, the "PHP Max Input Vars" was red so I added a php.ini in the root, changing this value to 10000 and it is now green. Now when I go to delete a section and update my page, I get this error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: [] operator not supported for strings in /home/ln1gqvg3pi8p/public_html/wua/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions/builder/back.php:918 Stack trace: #0 /home/ln1gqvg3pi8p/public_html/wua/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions/meta-portfolio.php(472): mfn_builder_save(2) #1 /home/ln1gqvg3pi8p/public_html/wua/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(288): mfn_portfolio_save_data(2) #2 /home/ln1gqvg3pi8p/public_html/wua/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #3 /home/ln1gqvg3pi8p/public_html/wua/wp-includes/plugin.php(453): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #4 /home/ln1gqvg3pi8p/public_html/wua/wp-includes/post.php(3581): do_action('save_post', 2, Object(WP_Post), true) #5 /home/ln1gqvg3pi8p/public_html/wua/wp-includes/post.php(3654): wp_insert_post(Array, false) #6 /home/ln1gqvg3pi8p/public_html/wua/wp-admin/includes/post.php(377): wp_update_post(Array) #7 /home/ln1gqvg3pi8p/public_html/wua/wp-admin/post.php(194): edit_post() #8 {main} thrown in /home/ln1gqvg3pi8p/public_html/wua/wp-content/themes/betheme/functions/builder/back.php on line 918

Also of note: in System Status, it says my theme version is 15.6 when I JUST bought and downloaded from the envatomarket 4 days ago! What does this mean/is this related to my issues/where can I get the current version??

Thanks

Comments