Selecting language in menu - dropdown says Blank

Hi,

I have WPML installed with two languages but I can see Blank value in dropdown menu.

Can you please provide some assistance?

Thank you in advance,

Ziga

Comments

• Hi Ziga,

if you have WPML plugin installed and got blank value, then you must contact with WPML support team because this problem can be related with older plugin version or something like that.
  • Hi,

I have discussed this issue with Pierre from WPML. We have solved this by adding language switcher to navigation, see it here:

He also says the following:
    ------------------------
    Hello,

It seems that the theme is displaying 2 not standard language switchers in the header and I did not find the option to hide it (though there is an option "WPML Languages flags" but it doesn't change anything).

So I added the standard WPML language switcher to the "Meni-sl" menu which is the main menu and I added some CSS to hide the other incorrect switchers. You will see it on WPML > Languages in "Additional CSS (optional)" textarea:

/* Temporary fix to weird theme language selector (e.g. "blank") */
    #Top_bar .wpml-languages.custom,
    #Action_bar .social-menu .menu-item-language {
        display: none;
    }

Now I invite you to get in touch with the theme author to inform him about this display/style issue which I think is not a compatibility problem.

Does this solves your problem?

Regards,
    Pierre
    ------------------------

Maybe this could come in handy to you?

Ziga
  • The explanation, Pierre from WPML sent you is exactly what we know and what we did. But this is the solution we used for theme purposes and all works fine. This has been also tested by WPML team and that's why they gave us certificate of compatibility. However if you will send us access to your dashboard and FTP on pm, we'll be able to have a look on it and see why this section is blank on your side.
  • Hi,

this time it is solved. Thank you.