Exclude categories from Post categories widget

Sorry to hit you with all these enquiries at once muffin but I use a maps plugin which you place a marker in each post - to show on an interactive google map.

In my blog page, I am using the wordpress core widget to display post categories. I just want to exclude the "fishing locations" post category so it does not show. I went researching on the web and some people said to tweak the widget.php file and write a command to exlude the post category number.

The posts are 1-2 years old and based on other themes. I could not find the widgets.php file within my website installation or the be theme files. Is there a way to exclude certain post categories from showing within the post categories widget?

Thanks

Comments

• Sorry but this is unfortunately not possible to exclude categories from post categories widget.

Thanks for understanding!
  • Mmm, I'm sure I can do it by editing the WP core PHP code. Just that links to this topic on the web are a few years old and I could not find the same type of core files in the current website configuration. I understand this is not a theme issue (please confirm this assumption). It's a core Wordpress widget, so I will put some enquiries out the the Wordpress community out there and see what I can do.
  • Yes, exactly. As you wrote above, this is not related with theme as this is wordpress widget and in this case you must play with wordpress core files.