Maps with API-Key: Oops! Something went wrong

Hi,

we spent two days with the search after the solution...
The map was working for a time but now we still get the message 
Oops! Something went wrong

In the javascript console we can see:
js?v=3.exp&ver=4.9.2:38 
_.Pb @ js?v=3.exp&ver=4.9.2:38

But we have definitely API-Key in Betheme?!

Here the link: https://goo.gl/3N7tQ5

Could you help us? Is this problem known? I suppose NOT. In the forum I didn't find anything about it so far.

Cheers...

Comments

• Hi,
    make sure that the google maps API key is pasted correctly and it is in theme options>global>advaned.
    Also in your google account the settings should be checked and the domain must be correct.

This can also be a plugin isse to please disable all plugins.
    thanks
  • 1. API-Key is copy&paste
    2. in my google account are no restriction on domain oder others
    3. all plugins disabled, and does not work.

Where I can find the call of google API in your template?
  • Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks
  • Thank you for your hint regarding plugins. I have tried to deactivate all plugins again and to empty my browser cache.
    I have found out that the problem plugin is Form Maker
    Hopefully it helps also other peers.

Again thank you for the great support!
  • Hello,

Basically I have the same problem.

API key is not working when inserted in theme's Google Maps API Key field. Finally I was added the with the google's javascript.

async defer></script>

This cause: You have included the Google Maps API multiple times on this page. This may
     cause unexpected errors.

With this solution the map's custom pin not showing up on iPhones.

The script is only works when I'm using the Google | Remarketing field
    If I put it in the Custom Js field it cause an: Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token <
    and Google Maps API error: MissingKeyMapError

Browser cache is disabled. Have the same result with all plugins deactivated.
    Map works wihout any of errors with the API KEY for Google Maps plugin.

I'm not very satisfied with solution because using a plugin only for an API key is not the best idea.
  • zsolltt
    Make sure that the key you insert in theme options>global>advaced is correct and that your settings in the google account are also right.
    thanks
  • Triple checked
  • Please disable all plugins maybe one of them is messing it up.
    This is a pretty basic option to include the google API and it works fine, there must be an issue on your side.
    thanks
  • "Browser cache is disabled. Have the same result with all plugins deactivated."
  • Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks