Error updating plugins on MultiSite install / managing MultiSite licenses

Hi,
I have two WordPress multisite installs - one has three BeTheme sites, the other has five BeTheme sites, and I have a license for each site through ThemeForest.

I am working on the first install, with three sites, and I'm having issues updating the included plugins - specifically Slider Revolution, Layer Slider and Visual Composer. When I update I get an error saying:
The package could not be installed. The package contains no files.
Plugin update failed

This alerted me to another issue as the URL for the download contains a license number, but it was the wrong one for the site I was working on. I tried changing the licenses around so they matched, and can see that whenever I deregister a license, and update to a new license number on one of these three sites, all the three sites in that install are given the same license number.

I used the 'Check Licenses' link to investigate and it is only listing one license for that multisite install, (but still has the five licenses visible for the other install).

I assume this is linked to the error in updating the plugins. Can you advise on what to do? Thanks

Comments

• Hi,
    This error "The package could not be installed. The package contains no
    files." means that you have not deregistered the website before moving.
    Please deregister it on both domains and register again on the new one.
    If this is not possible, then please send a request
    thru the contact form which is on the right side at
    http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact
    It is also a good idea to disable all plugins and check again.
    Notice!
    Please attach your license key in the message.

thanks
  • edited January 2018
    As I explained in my post, I have tried changing the licenses around, which is presumably what you mean by deregistering/reregistering? That is, from BeTheme > Dashboard I have used Deregister Theme to disassociate my license key, then updated with a new one. I have tried this for all three sites in this install but still got the same error. This also creates the other issue I described - each site then has the same license key as the site whose key was last updated.

I will try and contact you through the link but my organisation's themeforest account emails go to a different colleague, so not straightforward.
  • Sorry but this is the only way to contact us. The nickname you have on this forum is the same as the themeorest account and this is the only way we can check if the license key belongs to you.
  • Hi, I've been in touch using this form, and your response was to ask me to send my multisite login credentials to a Gmail account, which is frankly unacceptable from a security aspect. I'm really angry at the moment as we have spent nearly $500 with you and our main site homepage layout is currently broken due to this issue, and I have not had a response for nearly a week.
  • Please contact us via the form, all the license issues have to be resolved there, the forum will not help you with this since we do not solve these problems here.
    thanks
  • Was a solution found? I'm having this same issue. I can't properly register BeTheme on a multisite. 
  • Hi, the solution was that whilst you of course need to have a license for each site you are using BeTheme on, if you want to update the bundled plugins you must be running BeTheme on the original/root site of your multisite. Then you can apply the updates from 'BeTheme > Install Plugins' and update each one as needed.
    Definitely not ideal. Fortunately for us these sites are not public sites. If they are, I suppose you could do this at a time of day when you can afford to not lose too much traffic? Put a maintenance page up, flip the theme over, apply updates, and then switch back. 
  • Please deregister your key from all domains and then register it again on your multisite installation.
    Please use this tool to manage your licenses.

Thanks