problems with the theme and demo sites

Hi I am encountering quite a few issues out of the box and its becoming quite annoying as this theme doesn't appear to work as it should out of the box.

1.) I install as per instructions, however the site doesn't appear as it should even for the default theme. the footer is stacked rather than in a row, 

when i try to install a demo theme as per instructions i get a blank page once clicked install demo and selected the demo i want.  the demo doesn't install and if it does its half installed and looks a mess much like the default theme.

please help as very much starting to feel this purchase is not what its claiming to be.  BE it is not........

Comments

• Hey,

Did you tried to install ALL while you get this problem?
  • yes did install all, it stays blank and doesn't finish.

The problem i see is it doesn't work out of fresh install of the theme, at the very least i expect the default theme to be as i purchased it.

The second issue is installing a demo,  none of these work whilst the individual elements are there they as per default theme do not install, as a finished full demo.
  • hi

i have done a fresh install of both wordpress, and the theme, there is a continuous problem with the theme footers and headers.

i have installed the baker demo with full content and attachments  but yet it still looks like this:

please advise on this matter as clearly something is wrong as it doesn't work straight out of the box, my footer widgets are stacked, the menu is always set to modern. i would appreciate you looking into this matter asap as i can not spend any longer trying to make this work.
  • So the problem is well known. You don't have enough memory and also max_timeout_connection is limited on your server. In this case you should contact with your hosting administrator or instead you can upload ALL, without media because they took to much space and that's the reason why you can't upload this. Also you can upload one of our full demos instead if you want to use one of them.

If you want to import one of our Full demos, then please look at http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/1064/how-to-re-create-one-of-full-demo-pages-betheme-demo-data where we explained how it works.
  • Hi i am afraid i have already done this,  and resorted to one demo.

the problem is something is clearly wrong as it doesn't event install the default theme correctly.  i want somebody to contact me and put this issue right. 
  • What you already done? You contacted with hosting administrator or you tried to import one of the full demos? If you tried to import one of full demos, you also get blank page while import?
  • i have imported a single demo,  can be seen here: http://79.170.44.126/wyevalleyguide.co.uk/tempsite/?page_id=73

as you can see the header and footer rare different.

once i install the theme with no demos etc its also not as your default theme:

• Yes, this definitely should look like our demo but as we see the problem is related with your server that is not wordpress ready because does not work properly with wp_remote_get() function. For that you must contact with hosting administrator.
  • Please advise on the system spec requirements for hosting, surely if these where not met wordpress wouldn't install the theme with error or request different min spec for install

• edited February 2015
    also please expand on where you are seeing the above mentioned error relating to wp_remote_post(), provide advice on where this needs enabling?

Please also provide an alternative way of manually uploading the demo files it is trying to remotely get.
  • i Have investigated your claim that its the hosting server and can confim this is not the case, curl support is enabled and has php setting that support wordpress features.

you need to provide exact server requirements inorder for people to ensure full compatibility, i want somebody to look into this and confirm either way what needs to be done to resolve this issue. you support so far has been quite poor and has wasted a lot of my time on this matter.

I want somebody from your support team to contatc me to resolve this issue, 
  • Sorry but unfortunately we are not able to resolve this issue for you because the problem is on server side and in our opinion your server is very poor. What will you say, if you will send us access to FTP and dashboard, we'll import this demo in developer mode and will make a screenshot for you of what are the errors exactly on your server while import? What then? Do you know that we can't be responsible for your hosting? And btw we do not have any requirments. The only requirement is WordPress ready hosting. If you but wordpress theme then it is clear that hosting should be fully compatible with wordpress. We guarantee that our theme is built within WordPress API best practices and we do not use anything out of WP.
  • Hello

Thanks for your reply, i have checked my hosting and there are no problems with that, i have had the issue you mentioned with regard to wp_remote_get() looked into and that runs fine on the server.  

i have followed your advice but that has proven to be not accurate,  i don't expect you to support my hosting,  however you mension spec compatibility but yet you provide no minimum specs or server hosting requirements to run your theme correctly. 

if you are saying there are errors, then show me them together with you min running requirements so these can be addressed.  your answer is change hosting however without any requirement spec  your advice is not useful.

my hosting is not inefficient there are no problems running most scripts, platforms or frame works  or running wordpress with any other themes only yours.  Any issues with my hosting can be addressed once i know what you require to run without issue. 

i'm afraid your stating there is a problem but not addressing what that is or highlighting a running requirement. your equivalently saying thanks for the money but not my problem our product isn't working.  if thats your attitude as a web designer i can say i certainly will not be purchasing your theme again.  Purely on the basis your support and not being able to  provide / inform users of your requirements to run the theme.  you're effectly saying there a problem,without highlighting what that is other than my host and i'm sorry that simply isn't the case- please provide your finding if this is true so it can be addressed.
  • If you will send us access to your FTP and dashboard on pm, and you will clear your wordpress completely, we'll be able to check it for you and we'll send you the info of what and where the problem is.
  • hi fine i will do a new install of wordpress and your theme,  i will send you access details via pm please provide information on how i do that.

Also please provide the min requirements so i can also check my server hosting mets it.
    thanks
  • As we wrote above, we do not have any minimum requirements. Any of themes on this marketplace doesn't have anything like that. All you must have is wordpress ready hosting.

• hi i have  a wordpress ready server,  you must have an idea of what php  versions, configuration settings are required as there are many different versions each with features enabled disabled as standard.

PLEASE PROVIDE HOW I PM YOU  TO ACTION YOUR TESTING AS AGREED ABOVE.

THANKS

• Hi

thanks
    I have sent PM with wordpress dash board and  ftp access please investigate and report back on your finding so these can be corrected if a problem
  • We sent you more details on pm where we showed you where the problem exactly is and as we thought it is of course related with server. If you have further questions related with this case, please reply on pm only. Thanks for understanding!