How to register Testimonials form type for the Form Submission?

Hello, Be team! Have an interesting question, I am often use WPForms plugin ( nice form premium plugin, as Gravity forms). It works with Be without any difficulties. But now - I wanted to organize with it Testimonials, which will directly sent to Be Testimonials. That is easy - if yours Testimonials form is created as Custom POST TYPE and properly registered. The fist question - is BE TESTIMONIALS - custom post type? (as portfolio for example) if yes - and it seems to me - that yes - how to register it in WP to be seen from WPForms submission plugin  (I simple wanna to do testimonial form, send it to Be, get it in Testimonials and public at site)

Comments

• edited January 2018
    may be some complex explaining from me... Look:
    1\ I can organize any submission great looking form with WPForms. I created testimonial form for users.
    2\ WPForms can submit that form in any Custom Post Type: posts, pages, projects in the theme. The user rights testimonials, click Send - and testimonial integers in POST for example. I review it and public.
    3\ But Be theme has specialized and highly convenient ОWN Testimonials Section, from which I can easily publish them. The problem is simple - WPForms submission plugin does not see Testimonials Section. It see posts, pages, project ( they for sure custom type and registered), but testimonials... no.
    What can be the cause?

I do not want to buy the testimonials plugin, because I have highly effective WPForms + not less effective BE - and wanna to combine them...
  • Hi,
    sorry but unfortunately we cannot be of any help with this issue. We do not support this plugin.
    thanks
  • ok, thanks. I will investigate by my own. Only the question : Be Testimonials - that WP Custom Post Type or no?
  • Yes, testimonials are a custom post type.
  • Hi!
    You know - I had some time and look at WPForms connections with Be Testimonials. Hm... - they work with each others excellent! Only the features which I had to do: change argument 'public' from false to true in your file meta-testimonial.php. And WPForms saw testimonials right away. Submission - no problems at all. Public at site - automatic. Everything is perfect. BUT! )
    I made code changing... When updating - I have to correct that string again. May be there is a possibility to rewrite that 'public' => false to TRUE from functions.php? or to apply some filter?
  • Hi,

What you ask for, requires files customization what in reference to Item Support Policy is not allowed. So if you want to modify files and don't know how, you should contact your web developer. Item Policy says:
    Item support does not include services to modify or extend the item beyond the original features, style, and functionality described on the item page. For customization services that will help you tailor the item to your specific requirements, we recommend contacting the author to see if they privately offer paid customisation services or checking out the great service providers on Envato Studio

thanks
  • edited February 2018
    you know - .. hmm... look:
    1/ I've said just now that WPForms works with Be excellent. THAT MEANS - anyone can organize full testimonial system without additional plugins. Good looking, fantastic performance and management.Yes - wpforms needed, but they are widely distributed. And you can advertise that! why not - the VERY GOOD PAIR.
    2/ I know how to modify files, I do not need any support about it. But Be's Testimonials have 1 (ONE!) argument: 'public' => false, which interrupts common work. Why FALSE? Can you say a few words? IF 'public' => true, everything is working fine. So "files modification" = change one word. Why not? Any reasons?
    3/ So - if there is any logic in 'public' => false (I very much doubt this) - ok, it takes me an hour to fully redefine Be Testimonials from custom code in child theme. But why FALSE?
    I can explain : if true - that mean that automatic arguments will get

a/show_ui = true
    b/publicly_queryable = true
    c/exclude_from_search = false
    d/show_in_nav_menus = true

What's wrong?
    If any - you can set for example show_in_nav_menus = FALSE,
    nevertheless you set 'public' => false and the next string redefine 'show_ui' => true )
    I've said : let's set 'public' => true (do not need the string 'show_ui' => true AT ALL THEN!) + functionality is more wide (NOTHING ELSE will be changed)- and you tell me the lecture - how bad to modify code )

I understand, that you have a lot of tasks - but may be here some reasonable change?
  • Sorry but we will not disscuss this on the forum, theme modifications are up to the user and if you like this plugin and you want to work with it then by all means please do.
  • Ok, we will not. I redefine already all arguments as needed ( by safe and effective submission from WPForms in Be) from child theme. All works perfect.