Issue on the Search Page

Hello,
I see that Betheme is changing the search function of WordPress.
add_action( 'pre_get_posts', 'mfn_search' ); File: functions/theme-functions.php

This seems to happen in order to include the Muffin SEO MetaData in the search.
Would you please add a setting in the Theme options to turn this feature on or off.
Or turn it off when i dont want to use the BeTheme Build in SEO Fields.
Unfortunately, plugins like SearchWP or Relevanssi do not work if your "pre_get_posts" action is active.
It took me a long time to find out why SearchWP does not work.

Thank you very much

Comments

• Hi,
    if you use SEO plugins then please go to theme options>SEO and disable the theme SEO.
    The search function is only added for wordpreess to search the Muffin Builder, it does not do anything else.
    thanks
  • Bryan, I don’t think that is accurate. If I comment out the creation of mfn_search, Relevanssi starts to work in a limited fashion. If I then uncomment it, Relevanssi returns 0 results no matter what you search for. That means that mfn_search does indeed have an effect outside of the Muffin Builder. I’ve seen many posts on here where people are complaining about BeTheme interfering with Relevanssi (which is a very popular search replacement). I know that you guys don’t have the time to test with every plugin but it would nice if you guys could weigh in on what code in BeTheme might be interfering with Relevanssi.
  • We will take this into consideration but for now We cannot help you with the plugin compatibility.
    Thanks