Gallery - thumbnail white border

Hello Muffins,

I am using the (amazing!) GALLERIES included in the Muffin Builder.
I have inserted a description of each image that I realized it can work as caption.
All great and easy. But with the description, the thumbnails paste together and I can't find a way to avoid that light grey border.
What have I done wrong or I am not understanding?
I would like to keep the thumbnails apart from each other (3 or 4 px) and no border around the thumbnails, plus (if possible) a background color where the description of the image is placed, other than white).
Here is my gallery under construction, at the bottom of the page:

thanks a lot!!!
valeria

Comments

• Hi,
    so you want to have space between the items but you do not want to have a border? How will be do that? :)
    If we change the background color for the description, the whole background for the gallery will change.
    http://prntscr.com/igselq
  • edited February 2018
    Well... what I can't understand is why WITH NO DESCRIPTION there is a space between the thumbnails, while if I insert the description the space is lost. How is that?

I hardly believe that putting the description or caption, there is no way to keep the thumbnails apart from one another. There must be something that I am not able to understand by myself. This is the point: keeping the thumbnails separated, not glued together in a row. 
    I thought that increasing the space given to the gallery (enlarging the column) could solve the issue, but this is not the solution as the thumbnails increase their dimensions accordingly. 
    How do I keep the thumbnails apart? 

Thank you 
    once more
  • Okay so lets get ir straight, do you want to have captions under the images and have spaces or do you not want any spaces but have captions?
    Cheers
  • YES I would like to have the captions and YES I would like to have some space between the thumbnails.

If both things are possible of course.
    If not, I can figure out some other ways. 

thanks
    valeria
  • The look that is currently on your website is the only possible one.
    If we change the background color for caption then you will be left with a result that was shown in the previous screen: http://prntscr.com/igselq
  • Can we put the background TRASPARENT?
  • It is very hard to believe we cannot keep SPACE between the thumbnails
  • Yes, you can try transparent with this css
    .wp-caption-text {
    background: transparent !important;
    color: #fff !important;
    }
  • IT WORKS <3

and this is enough in this case, as the space is there again. 
    Great!

thank you !!!