404 page when I update page

edited February 2018 in Theme support
Hi I am receiving a 404 error when I update a page. Everything is fine on other pages, and I have recreated the problem page on a second page up to the same point. I am adding glossary definitions so it is a long list of text columns - nothing fancy. Is this a content limit? I cannot delete a column and update either - the page is frozen in this state and I have already increased my memory levels via cpanel: max_execution_time=60000 memory_limit=512M post_max_size=128M upload_max_filesize=512M. On the Betheme dashboard it shows PHP Max Input Vars at 10000 as well.

Please advise this is ridiculous I cant have a long text-only page.

Comments

• I've tried:

|-----------------------------section----------------------------|
        |---------------------------wrap---------------------------|
           |-----------------------column-----------------------|
              |---------------------divider------------------|

and it freezes trying to add a 6th...

|-----------------------------section----------------------------|

etc...

• HI,
    those setting are probably local and the master values are different.
    Please send a link to the phpinfo file so we can check and knwo for sure.
    thanks
  • umm im not sure which file you are refering to
  • here is a page where I replicated the problem: http://sigmasix.tcistaging.com/test/

I reached this point in adding to the page and then when I added one more entry and clicked update it went to 404. I can't even delete anything and update, the page is essentially ruined.
  • Please go to your FTP, create a php file with phpinfo() function inside and send us a link to that file. For more details about file creation, please visit https://mediatemple.net/community/products/dv/204643880/how-can-i-create-a-phpinfo.php-page
  • edited February 2018
    I put one in the root and in the subdomain root, not sure if that matters...

tcistaging.com/phpinfo.php
  • From the server settings it all looks good. Last thing I can think of are plugins, try to disable all of them and check again.
    cheers.
  • Deactivating all the plugins does nothing.
  • when I change my permalinks setting to plain instead of post name, clicking on update in the page backend takes me to http://sigmasix.tcistaging.com/wp-admin/edit.php instead of the 404 but still none of my edits were retained. This is with no plugins activated.

It looks like your theme is confusing which page to go to and with all the hoops I've had to jump through I cant believe it comes down to this. I need this fixed ASAP 
  • Having the same issue. I used a theme to create a site and all went perfect. Used the same template again for an almost identical site. Home page built fine I go to build interior pages and it 404 errors out after i place the first bit of content. ANy ideas why a page wont accept our content?
  • Having found this: http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/35359/error-404-on-page-update/p1 

I tried a fresh database, wp install, betheme install, and can still make the 404 issue happen so I am at a loss. Perhaps a muffin builder thing? My site is almost done and I am just trying to add more text. I will be looking for a new theme for future sites but I would like a solution to this immediately.
  • On the fresh database I was able to duplicate columns to an amount of content more than I've been able to in the past and save so I thought it was fixed. Then I went and started C&Ping in the actual copy and it 404'd on me again. You have confirmed my server settings are good, I did a fresh install of everything and its still breaking on me!
  • Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks
  • If you find a possible solution pleas post. I have the same issues and could use answers. Would hate to have to stop using these themes due to lack of trust.
  • eschmidt25
    It is always a different cause of the problem. So the sollution we give to tclauson1 could not work for you. It is almost never a theme issue, it is either hosting, plugins, custom code or bad wordpress config.
    thanks
  • It seems to be an issue with muffin builder. I worked around it using raw html in WP Bakery.
  • Muffin Support: I just had a similar issue on another site. It 404d the page I am adding list items to and I now cannot edit or anything - apparently losing hours of work. WHat is the issue with this theme/muffin builder?!
  • Hey,
    nothing is really wrong. It is most likely your hosting or some plugin. Please first try to disable all plugins and remove all custom code you might have entered.
    thanks
  • Confirmed: not a custom CSS or plugin issue.
  • Please go to your FTP, create a php file with phpinfo() function inside and send us a link to that file privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact so we can have a look on your server settings. The problem is probably related to limits but to be sure which one is the reason, we need that link. For more details about file creation, please visit https://mediatemple.net/community/products/dv/204643880/how-can-i-create-a-phpinfo.php-page.

Notice!
    1. If you are chatting with support via email, please do not post here.
    2. Attach your license key and the WordPress admin login credentials.
    3. Send a link to this discussion, so the email support knows where to look.

Thanks
  • This is strange because all of your settings are fine.
    Could you please send us your wordpress dashboard login and password so we can check?
    Please send it thru the contact form and attach a link to this disscussion
    thanks