Procedure of installing BeTheme

I installed BeTheme first, then all recomended Plugins, after that I installed BeTheme Child. So far so good?
Can I now install a Pre-built website and activate it ???  Or doesn't make that any sense? Would this overwrite my BeTheme Child?

Comments

• Hi,
    child themes are installed if you want to make changes in the theme files directly, otherwise installing them is useless if you are only using theme options.
    If you install a pre-built website then it will overwrite the theme files and content.
    thanks
  • Hi,
    does that mean I have to install a pre-built website first and then create manually a child-theme on my own for this pre-built website?
    Is it right that it is absolutely necessary to use a child-theme for changes? Because if  I change something on the parent theme it would be overwritten by any actualization of the theme?
    I am quite confused about all this child, parent-theme stuff !!! 
  • The theme updates will only overwrite the theme file changes. So if you only work with theme options and paste custom css also in theme options>custom css then you do not need to use a child theme.

• I have no clue what u mean.
    next thing is: i cannot see the Visual Composer plugin though its installed and active.

• Please make sure that the version of PHP on your server is lower than 7.2
    The currect version of the plugin has some issues with this version of PHP.
    Also please try to disable other plugins, maybe one of them is messing up the VC plugin.
    thanks
  • Sorry but I paid 59 Dollars for the Theme and now I should tell my hoster to put the right PHP-Version on his server - I don t think that will go ok
    If I disable other plugins then they are not available any longer - do you really think that is a costomfriendly solution of the issue?
    Is there a possibility to get my money back for the Theme I bought when I deinstall it ?
  • Hi,
    sorry but we are not responsible for the server you are using, if it is not compatible with a big theme then you should change it.
    All requests concerning refunds must be send thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact Notice! Please attach your license key in the message. thanks
  • By the way: PHP Version is 5.6.33 on the server
    and Visual Composer still doesn t work
    I also tried to deactivate some Plugins - still not working

• Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru the contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason.

Notice!
    Please attach a link to this forum discussion.

Thanks
  • ok I learned that WPBakery und Visual Composer is the same thing - thx for not telling me that  :-(
    now i have the problem that i would like to have the main menu on the right side of the homepage, but although i checked the settings for this option the main menu still stays on the upper edge (3 stripes in the right corner)
  • Please send a link to your page so we can check your setting.
    thanks
  • www.alles-womo.de