Max Mega Menu mobile issue

I'm using Max Mega Menu to get some more functionality with my main menu. It seems to work well on desktop, but on mobile there's confliction with betheme's menu options. When I click the menu icon, I get the menu items with no MMM functionality, and there is another menu icon inside the popout menu. Clicking that dispays the same menu again, and only this one works how it should. I found  this post, but following that just removes the menu icon altogether so I can't open any menus. Here are some screenshots

Screenshot 1- the betheme menu icon (obscured by WP bar)
2 - unfunctional menu, and another menu icon
3 - second menu appears above when second icon is clicked
4 - second menu has MMM functionality

Comments

• Hi,

Sorry, but we did not test this script/plugin with the theme. Our policy states that we do not support third party plugins or custom code so unfortunately, we cannot be of any help to you.
    Also, we cannot recommend any plugins other than the ones we support. You can find the list on this page, in the sidebar:
    https://themeforest.net/item/betheme-responsive-multipurpose-wordpress-theme/7758048

thanks
  • Thank you for the response. Your mega menu functionality is very limited, so what am I supposed to do to solve this? I have tried three menu plugins that have all had the same issue, and I don't see any menu plugins on your list. Surely there must be options to have a more comprehensive menu with your theme?
  • Sorry but we only have this megamenu available and cannot suggest any plugins of that kind.
    thanks
  • So you're telling me that out of the 102,000 people who have bought your theme, none of their sites have a megamenu with widgets in them?
  • Megamenu does not support widgets, you can only insert menu items and a background.
    thanks
  • Yes that's exactly my point, I find it hard to believe that everybody that uses your theme is content with not having that capability of adding that functionality via another plugin. I would've never bought this theme if I knew it was incapable of this.
  • Well you are the first user in history that demands widgets in the mega-menu. We doubt that any theme has that option, it could get very messy.
  • I'm not sure if you're misunderstanding me, or just being difficult on purpose. I'm not "demanding" anything. I know that I cannot put widgets in your inbuilt mega menus. I knew that when I bought your theme and I'm fine with that. But I think it's a pretty reasonable to want to use a plugin to be able to make a menu with widgets in it. It's a common need, plenty of sites use them and there are plenty of plugins to do it. The problem is that your theme DOES NOT WORK WITH ANY OF THEM, as it exhibits the behaviour I outlined in the first post. I think that's pretty poor.
    Also, a quick search shows plenty of themes that do have built in megamenus that allow widgets. Another quick search also shows plenty of people asking if it's possible to do in your theme, so I'm not sure either of your claims are true
  • Like we said before, the policy clearly states that we do not support third party plugins (because we cannot test every possible plugin on the market) and the list of supported plugins is available on our product page. Sorry to say but you will not get any help from us regarding this issue.
    thanks