ChildTheme does not display CSS code

Hello,

i wanted to add a few extras to the betheme. From the discussion i found out that the ChildTheme is used to add extra CSS code. However, when I add something it does not change anything on the website. 

I thought the ChildTheme is supposed to overwrite the ParentTheme, or is that incorrect?

Do I have to add some kind of link to make the CSS code in the ChildTheme work?

Furthermore, when i add css code within the page configurations under the subheadline "Own CSS" I always have to add "!important" to be able to overwrite the parent theme configurations.

Best, 

Tobias

Comments

• Hi,
    the child theme is used when you want to change the theme files and you do not want the update to overwrite those changes. If you only want to add custom css, then you do not have to use a child theme. Just add the css into theme options>custom css&js>css and it will be not removed on update.
    If you do not see the css changes you make then you either made a misstake in the code you wrote or the browser cache is holding it and you need to wipe the browser cache.

You need to have the child theme active, not the parent theme. All the updates need to be done to the parent theme, not the child theme.
    thanks
  • Ah ok thanks for the quick and detailed help!