Control side-padding per page in boxed layout

I work with the boxed layout and want a full width image using Visual Composer. My problem seems to be Visual Composer specific.

I tried every option to accomplish this full width image by reducing all concerned margins, padding, borders but the only thing that works for me is reducing the boxed layout | side padding betheme option to 0. Since this concerns only one page (all other pages are designed using 50px),  I would like to control the boxed layout | side padding per page. I see only one general option in the theme settings-->global-->advanced but I have 1 page where I would like to set that side padding to zero.
Content | remove padding in the options part of that particular page doesn't do the trick. Hopefully css code can help.

http://fhvt.nl/testpage/ shows some of my testing

Thanks

Comments

• I found it myself:
    If I add the css code below to the specific page and use the option “stretched row and content (no
    padding)" for the row in which the image is placed it works.

.section.the_content.has_content {
      margin-left: -31px;
      margin-right: -31px;
    }
    Or do you have a better one for me?
    The 31px of course depends on the specified side padding in betheme options.
  • Hi,
    if this option works for you then it is fine. If you are using VC then you can use the option to force the row to be full width regardless of the boxed layout.
    thanks
  • While reading your answer I realize that I wrongly described my problem. I don't want to use full width comparable with full screen but respecting the boundaries of the boxed format . I just want to get rid of the padding specified in the "boxed layout | side padding" betheme option for one page only resulting in an image us. That I could manage with the solution I came up with.
    What option are you referring to for breaking out of the boxed format?
  • If you are using the boxed layout then there is no way of breaking ot of the layout.
    There is however an option in the VC plugin, we think this is the row item, it can be stretched by force and it could break out. Otherwise we cannot do anything else.
    thanks