Update theme when not using child theme

I have theme version 16.2 on one of my domaine (www.hoejholthudpleje.dk)
I will like to update to the latest version of Betheme. I made the mistake when I first started developing the website that I used the theme and not the child theme. How can i update the website without losing all my changes? 
I have about 20 sites and a webshop with about 300 products, so it's i a hard work to do it all over again. 
Is the best way to update the betheme to the newest version and change to Child theme, if I export my current theme, update theme, use child theme and then import my theme again? 
If i do it like this, will something be deleted? Or will everythings be the same as before? 
I can se that it's not possible to export sites and plugins, will these be exported if I export my current theme? 

Comments

• HI,
    if you have made changes to the theme files then they will get deleted because new theme files will overwrite them.
    But this is only for theme file changes, things that are changed in theme options, plugins or images will not get removed because they are in the database, not in the files.
    You can install the child theme at any moment and it will work fine, you will only lose the widgets.
    If you do not plan changing theme files then using a child theme is pointless.
    thanks