Wamp Theme Errors

Hi,

I know from looking at Google this error will occur with any theme on WAMP, but I only need to use Be and I really can't find a solution. You can't install on theme using the uploader on a WAMP install - it will fail immediately with the "are you sure you want to do this?" message. So I copied the theme folder to wp-content/themes but when I open themes in admin, the following errors are returned:

Warning: fopen(D:\wamp\www\blindsetc/wp-content/themes/betheme/style.css): failed to open stream: Permission denied in D:\wamp\www\blindsetc\wp-includes\functions.php on line 4183

Warning: fread() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in D:\wamp\www\blindsetc\wp-includes\functions.php on line 4186

Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in D:\wamp\www\blindsetc\wp-includes\functions.php on line 4189

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\wamp\www\blindsetc\wp-includes\functions.php:4186) in D:\wamp\www\blindsetc\wp-includes\option.php on line 748

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\wamp\www\blindsetc\wp-includes\functions.php:4186) in D:\wamp\www\blindsetc\wp-includes\option.php on line 749

Can you assist please? I've just about run out of patience with WAMP, gone are the days where it just "worked" it seems.

Thanks,
Paul.

Comments

• Hi Paul,

because this is WAMP we are not able to check anything. If you will move website to live server then we'll be able to have a look into code and help you but not in this case. But did you noticed any problems related with those warnings? Because those are just warnings (not errors) and maybe you have wp_debug activated and that's why they shows. Warnings are just kind of information, nothing else.

Thanks!
  • Hi,

I have no problems on a live server. These errors are purely related to WAMP, and will occur with every theme but there is no fix that I can find for them. I've turned off error reporting in WAMP and set WP Debug to false but still they show.

Paul.
  • So if this error is related with WAMP only and occur with every theme, then unfortunately we can't help because we don't know what could be wrong as it is on your local side only.

Thanks for understanding!
  • That's fine thanks. WAMP support were unable to resolve so I've scrapped the idea of using a localhost.