Hiding a section background using CSS

I am trying to hide the background of a section and I have tried this method but am having no success at all - @media only screen and (max-width: 767px) { .bg-image .column_attr { background-image: none !important; }
}

Can you please have a peek here http://coursemateapp.co.uk/new-home-2/ as I am sure I have put everything in exactly as you stated yet the section background is still showing on smaller browsers.

Hiding the section completely is not an option BTW

Many thanks

Comments

• Hi,
    you should target the section, not the column. Since you have added the custom class to the section, taget it only. You have not mentioned which section you mean.
    thanks
  • This is on the section with the class .handholdingphone

My custom CSS is @media only screen and (max-width: 1030px) { .handholdingphone { background-image: none !important; } }

Or am I missing something here?
  • This is because your custom class was inserted with a dot.
    Remove the dot from the custom class field you added.
    Do this: handholdingphone instead of this: .handholdingphone
    cheers
  • I removed the dot and it has made no difference, it is very frustrating as I cannot see what the issue is.

Thanks

• This CSS was fine, just change the dot in custom class inside the section.
    @media only screen and (max-width: 1030px) { .handholdingphone { background-image: none !important; } }
  • Hi thanks for your response.

I have followed what you have said and checked/double checked but this is not working.

When I shrink the browser, the background of that section is still visible and shows underneath the writing, thus looking awful.

There must be something I am doing wrong or even missing here...
  • It's okay, I think I have found the problem, just going to test it through...