Trying to make something similar to this - How can I do it?

Hi, I'm trying to think of the best way to make a similar content box like the image attached. I tried using the muffin builder to add a column, and then in the custom CSS to add a border but it's not working out for me :( Any suggestions?

Comments

• Hi,

to make similar box, you must contact with your website developer because this needs many changes inside theme. Within options only it won't be possible to create the same boxes.

Thanks for understanding!
  • I'm the one developing the website lol :) I'm just a bit new at it..
  • So if you are developer, then you should be familiar with css/html/php because those boxes can be done only this way :)
  • The problem is that when I put the code in the css section for a specific column, it doesnt work so I'd appreciate some help
  • Sorry but we don't understand what help you exactly need. You want ready code from us? Because if this is what you mean then unfortunately we can't because we do not offer such modifications. As we wrote above, this can not be done within css only. For that you must use html as well what means that you must create full items just like we did with shortcodes.

Thanks for understanding!
  • No I don't need you to provide me with code.. I need to understand why it is that when I'm using the muffin builder, I add a column and there is an option called Custom CSS within the column. It says that each style must be separated with a space which is fine, but when I add border attributes or other styling options, they are not applied to the column.
  • This field is called Custom | Classes, not CSS what you can see on http://pbrd.co/1Fei0f6 so in this place you use only class name, like: MY-CLASS-1 and then in Theme options > Layout > Custom CSS & JS > Custom CSS section you can write custom css:
    .MY-CLASS-1 { /* own css */ }
  • I tried adding this to custom css + adding custom class to specific column, doesn't work for me:

.MY-CLASS-1
     { .one-second.column { width: 48%; border: solid;}

• Above css got error and maybe that's why does not work.
  • Well what's the error?
  • edited March 2015
    2 opening brackets and 1 closing? The first opening bracket shouldn't be there. If you are developer then please explain us where you seen something similar to your code above? This is completely wrong css and this won't never work. Classes are classes, but styles are styles. You can't include classes into brackets as you did it above. We have on idea. Please take a look at http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/documentation/#theme-customizations where we explained how to make own css to customize theme for your needs. Hope this will explain something.