Layer Slider Won't Install

Hi,

I was surprised not to find other instances of this in the archives.

The Layer Slider installation fails, and says that the plugin contains no files. I am installing the custom plugin version that comes with the theme. Thanks for any help.

The page is dogdementia.com and I host with WP Engine. Image of error message below.

Comments

• Hey,
    this message could mean that your license key is used on more than one domain.
    Please use this tool to manage your license keys:
    http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/36219/cannot-register-deregister-your-license-key-use-this-tool#latest

thanks
  • Hi,

Thanks for the info.

I was indeed able to log into the tool and saw that I had Layer Slider licensed for the staging site of my website.  I went ahead and deleted the staging site a few hours ago. Now the tool says I have no registered licenses, but I am still unable to load the plugin. Same error message. Any other tips?

Thanks,
    Eileen
  • This tool was created for theme registration only, not for plugins. You do not need to register the bundled plugins at all. The error message you are receving has nothing to do with the plugin, it means that you have the same license key registered on another domain. Please check that again.

What you could also do is:
    1. Deregister and register the current theme in your wordpress dashboard.
    2. Disable all plugins.

thanks

• Thanks! Deregistering and reregistering worked. I had to SFTP in to delete a folder that had been created in one of the failed installs, but then I was able to install the plugin. Thanks again.