Forum has been created to help all our customers in properly working our theme. We offer complete help with configuration theme and make default look, just like on our Be|theme demo. We don`t offer theme customization.

Before creating a new discussion, please:
1. Check on forum if discussion hasn`t been created before. Use the forum Search on the right.
2. Read carefully the documentation included to package.
3. If you didn`t find what you need and would like to post a new question click the "Start a New Discussion" button on the right.
4. You can post on forum only after registration (you need purchase code to register) .

NOTE!!! If you are starting a new topic and have got problems with your site and you want us to check what`s wrong please always give url to your site because without that we can`t check what`s wrong. Each case may be different because of your installed plugins, servers or other things.

IMPORTANT!!! Along with your inquiry, please attach the address of the page which concerns the question. This will cause the time to answer on your question will be much shorter. If you do not want to publish your address publicly in the forum, please send a private message. Thanks!

Too many thumbnails

Hello,
I noticed my webshop is creating too many thumbnails for each product image. 25 thumbnails per product image actually. Ofcourse this isn't ok, when a shop has over a 1000 articles...

I saw in the functions/themefunctions.php that there is a a function:

set_post_thumbnail_size
for each different builder item. Now isn't it so that these thumbnails are only created when I actually use them? 

Could it be that when I upload my articles (I'm using the woocommerce API for this) the Betheme automatically creates all the thumbnails? 
I'm looking to find what is saying that all the thumbnails need to be created. 

Comments

• Please sign in to see answear!
  • I'm not asking to customize it. 

I'm asking if Betheme is the cause of creating so many thumbnails when I upload products.
  • I'm sorry Pablo but I must say your support is a bit lacking, it's easy to say Betheme isn't the cause without even checking it. We've been using the Betheme on +15 websites now and we would like to keep using it. Always has the support been very helpful...

Standard wordpress has 3 different sizes, the Betheme has 22. So the issues comes from the theme.

Array ( [0] => thumbnail [1] => medium [2] => medium_large [3] => large [4] => post-thumbnail [5] => 50x50 [6] => clients-slider [7] => slider-content [8] => testimonials [9] => blog-navi [10] => portfolio-mf [11] => portfolio-mf-w [12] => portfolio-mf-t [13] => portfolio-list [14] => blog-portfolio [15] => blog-single [16] => woocommerce_thumbnail [17] => woocommerce_single [18] => woocommerce_gallery_thumbnail [19] => shop_catalog [20] => shop_single [21] => shop_thumbnail )

Why doesn't the theme just creates the thumbnail when I actually need it? For example if I use the blog-navi then it should create a thumbnail of the image that I used there. Not just create all the thumbnails of all the images.
  • I would understand if there are automatically 5 or 6 thumbnails created but 19.... 
  • Already changed it myself and we're fixing the issue long term by stop using BeTheme on our projects. Sadly because it's a great theme. We can't use 5GB on disk space for each website because BeTheme creates 19 thumbnails for each image when we upload over 5000products.