proportions featured image

what are the right proportions for setting a featured image?

As you can see in the contact session of my website i used the same proportions used on the demo here, but there's still black at the ends.
When i open the demo it isn't black at the end at all.

The only thing i adjusted is the height.

Comments

• You probably got maintenance mode activated and that's why we can't see what you mean.
  • I've turned it off, you can view it now.

Could you also take a look at the call to action button at the bottom of the page: http://sport-natural.nl/journey-to-fitness/.

When i add an animation it isn't centrered anymore
  • We already checked contact page but we don't see any black at the ends. Please make a screenshot of what you mean and tell us under which browser you got it because nothing is there.

About call to action with animation, please use below css:
    .call_to_action .call_to_action_wrapper {
        display: table;
        width: 100%;
    }
    We'll sort it with next update of course.
  • I'm watching it on a 17 inch mac.

Maybe a stupid question, but where exactly do i put the css code? Directly in the custom class of the Call to action shortcode? 

The screenshot i took:image
  • Each custom css, should be pasted under Theme options > Layout > Custom CSS & JS > Custom CSS section.

But the header image you showed above, looks like it not big enough and that's why on larger screens you got black space on side. If you want the image to be visible on larger screens as well, then upload wider image.
  • edited April 2015
    thanks, the call to action works perfect now!

I'm not really happy with the solution for the black space though. I filled it up by using a larger image (2200x225). It doesn't scale when i view it on other devices like an ipad. It just 'cuts' the image so you only see a part of the image instead of the whole image.

Also it seems the header seems to be responding different on an iphone. (not showing at all or a small portion)

Do you have any suggestions for a workaround?
  • This is css background so obviously it won't be responsive.