BeTheme Options page stops working [muffin options saving]

Comments

• @OakeyMX http://forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/discussion/9767/don-t-save-updates-pages (btw your problem is related with Page options, not Muffin Options) so you are asking about the problem under wrong topic.
  • Dead link here ;) 
  • Most purchasers buy a theme for the features; it looks good, has what they need. They're not developers. They don't know that they need in order to make this theme actually function properly with all its features is to increase memory, vars from 1000 to 10000, change code, RAM, etc. They want to use the features, NOT spend hours trying to figure out why pages and options that they spent hours adding, customizing, etc. then disappears, only to repeat over and over, disappearing. Your logic is skewed when you say, but the Purchaser wants more features. What is the point of a bloated, feature-filled theme when the theme does not function on normal servers? Why add features without telling the purchaser that in order to use your theme, they need to increase limits, memory and/or reconfigure files on their server. Most people don't know that or can't do it. What's the point of buying your theme if you can't easily use it? Please give me a good answer. Thanks.
  • @decarodesign Until you will but anything on TF marketplace, we suggest to read Item Support Policy where everything was explained. If you will check that policy, you understand that we can not take responsibility for your poorly configured servers. If you use cheap hosting service, you should work with default WP theme instead because most of premium themes won't work on your end unfortunately.

P.S. Lot's of cheap hosting services are shared between 10x more of users that they should. Of course it's better for provider profit but it's definitely not good for users. That's why we always suggest to check different variations before you will decide on hosting provider because many of them just cheating people.

P.S.2 There is at least 0,1% of all customers who may need to increase some values on server sides what means that people pick up their providers carefully. You can not have good and cheap hosting because such simply does not exist.

Hope that is a good answer and you will understand what we mean.
  • edited May 2016
    Yeah, I've read everything on this topic and can't find anything. I purchased another license, now I have two and it still doesn't work. Right now, I'm only hosting a single domain on this server. I'm going to upgrade it even further when I move 38 other sites over to it. I'm using a Linux, Dual Processor, Dedicated Server: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v3 28 Cores Total @ 2.6 GHz / 3.6 GHz Turbo
    • 512GB DDR4 SDRAM
    • 4 x 6 TB SATA RAID 10, Primary Hard Drive
    • 14 x 6 TB 7200 RPM SATA Drives, Additional Storage Array
    • Dual PSU - 24 Hot Swap Bays
    • 20TB Outbound & Unlimited Incoming Bandwidth, 10 Gigabit Uplink Port Speed
    This single domain isn't even remotely close to almost scratching a fraction of a percent of the surface of it's potential. Word Press is light, I have a few site built with it. It's not my favorite but it gets a quick job done. I'm facing the same problem as everyone else here. I've applied all techniques listed but the betheme options are still not appearing.
  • @dm25bell Did you checked your limits under Appearance > System Status section?
  • Hello, 

I 'm annoyed because I have this problem too and I read and reread all articles forum about this and I have not solved the problem. Yet , I have increased every server settings necessary, I disabled all plugins and I completely reinstalled the theme but this is stll not working. Can you help me please ?

• Lave-vaisselle try php input vars 5000 to 10000
  • @Lave-vaisselle You need to contact with your admin for sure because we are pretty sure that you are trying to increase values that can be increased by your admin only. Please also make sure that all limits under Appearance > System Status has been increase properly and also you do not use any extra php extensions like SUHOSIN.
  • Hi, I have the same problem as you, and I have tried with a professional hosting and another more economical. In professional at first it worked, but now does not work, what's happened?
    I've applied all techniques listed but the betheme options are still not appearing.

Muffin Group should consider these quetions. What should we do?
    It takes many hours of our work.
    Thanks.
  • @blaudisseny There is nothing what we may consider as the problem is related with hosting. The only thing we may consider is cut 50% of included options and possibilities so theme may work on your poor hosting service. Anyway, did you checked Appearance > System Status section?
  • "The only thing we may consider is cut 50% of included options and possibilities"
    @muffingroup ;Please do this. Working with less options is better than not working at all. 
  • @mateusandrade Sure, so please send us private message with dashboard and FTP access to your site and we will cut 50% of your options. That's not a problem at all for us. But of course we won't do that for all other users as for over 99% of them everything works fine an all options are necessary and important. So we will not cut options for 1% of people who use poor hosting services.
  • Hi muffingroup, I think one of the ways to solve this problem is that you give a list of hosting services that support the necessary configuration in order betheme to work properly.

• @winux But we do not have such list. Everything depends on the admin & current server only. We noticed situations when some people using same hosting and just for one of them options doesn't work because the machine on which his account was, was overloaded because of too many accounts shared between machine.
  • imageHi... i have a same problem.

but my server is a dedicated and the configurations i just make.

• @vision_design Please deactivate SUHOSIN extension first because we are pretty sure that it's the reason why you can not save as suhosin is using own variables and does not care about general one. However, if this somehow won't help, please send us access to your dashboard and FTP then so we can have a look on it.
  • Does not work.

memory_limit = 512M
    post_max_size = 40M
    safe_mode = off
    upload_max_filesize = 64M
    max_execution_time = 250
    max_input_vars = 20000

SUHOSIN is deactivated
  • @by-agentur-de Please send us dashboard access privately thru contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason. Please don’t forget to attach link to current topic so we know what for the access is.
  • What is the minimum php version that this theme requires?
  • Minimum version required by Wordpress is 5.6 version. This has nothing to theme and is addicted to Wordpress itself.
  • Hello, 

I am having the same problems as some other users of your theme. In my case, I went through all the indications I could find as a solution, but I am still having some trouble. I hope you can help...

My problem is that the Betheme Options panel only works sometimes, like the first time I go in. Once I have saved something it disapears, and only appears again when I save again (which actually deletes all the changes I had done before).

I have increased Memory, PHP input vars, etc... but no luck. Attached is a screenshot of the System Status panel for you to have a look at.

I look forward to your answer.
    Kind regards,

• https://snag.gy/Mz9s2J.jpg - hope this image would explain everything.
  • This thread is a year old but I am a new BeTheme user an have this problem

It only occurs on when editing the demo content for the BeTheme default site - the biggest page. I can edit other pages just fine but edits to this page will not save. 

I have max memory to 256M which is my server max, added the php.ini file, modified the htaccess file, deactivated most all plugins except the ones necessary to run the page. 

It seems that the php_max_vars = 10000 doesn't work for everybody. HostGator seems to have a hard limit on this parameter. I have a support ticket in to get them to increase it. 

Is there a fix or does BeTheme have a limit on the page size it can handle with most shared server hosts?

What server config works? Or what host do we know without this problem?
  • @phoskins please send us dashboard access privately thru contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason. Please don’t forget to let us know what for the access is.
  • ModSecurity: Access denied with code 403 (phase 2). Match of "rx (alt_mod_frameset.php|checkout_shipping.php|^/components/com_zoom/etc/|/admin\\\\.swf\\\\?nick=|/editor/filemanager/browser/default/browser\\\\.html\\\\?(type=image&)?connector=\\\\.\\\\./\\\\.\\\\./connectors|/phpthumb\\\\.php\\\\?((?:w|h)=[0-9]+&)?((?:w|h)=[0-9]+&)?src= ..." against "REQUEST_URI" required. [file "/usr/local/apache/conf/modsec_rules/10_asl_rules.conf"] [line "201"] [id "340006"] [rev "57"] [msg "WAF Rules: Generic Path Recursion denied in URI/ARGS"] [data "../../"] [severity "CRITICAL"] [hostname "www.exclusive-hidden.com"] [uri "/wp-admin/options.php"] [unique_id "WCUbsoOZCTwAD27RTO4AAAAK"]
  • edited February 2017
    We had the problem that changes on large pages doesn't get saved any more.
    Then we realized in Appearance > System Status that max_input_vars was set to 1000.
    We changed to 10.000 and everything was fine again.
  • edited April 2017
    English please - Edited