Enabling RTL

Hey,

1) In which different ways can I enable RTL in BeTheme?
One option is installing WPML, another option is selecting the RTL language at the installation.

2) Can I enable it through the control panel/theme options? 

3) Is there a way to smoothly/easily change that after an installation without making the back-end panel in a different language?

4) Can I make the front-end RTL, and the back-end LTR? A lot of plugins and options aren't well supported under RTL.

Thanks for your help,
Yossi

Comments

• Hi Yossi,

RTL activates automatically when wordpress install with the language that is RTL. There is not option to activate/deactivate RTL.
  • How could I make a multilanguage website, that is RTL and LTR in the same website?

Could you please direct me to the php file where BeTheme decides to process the website as RTL/LTR?

• No, this is not possible. There is only one file, rtl.cs which is responsible for RTL version.
  • Could you please direct me to the php file where BeTheme decides to process the website as RTL/LTR?

• This is one of the wordpress files that can't be touched. Everything was explained on https://codex.wordpress.org/Right-to-Left_Language_Support
  • Your answer is completely incorrect and misleading.

1) In the file header.php from the theme, it is decided whether it's RTL or LTR.
    2) In order to create a RTL page, you just have to add this suffix: ?mfn-rtl
    3) Therefor, you can create a theme that has LTR *AND* RTL support.
    4) .htaccess redirections could work out for changing the version to RTL (maybe WMPL could do the work too, I hadn't tried it out yet).

There are plenty of other solutions, but what I posted here is pretty basic information.

Attached code from header.php [for others.. if ever needed..]:
    <!DOCTYPE html>
    <?php 
    if( $_GET && key_exists('mfn-rtl', $_GET) ):
    echo '<html class="no-js" lang="ar" dir="rtl">';
    else:
    ?>
    <html class="no-js" <?php language_attributes(); ?> <?php mfn_tag_schema(); ?>>
    <?php endif; ?>

• Our answer is not incorrect because you show the place which is only for demo purposes. This is only for demo reason and shows how RTL looks like. Nothing else. This line got nothing to real RTL support.
  • During installation i was not asked for RTL!!!
  • RLT is set by the wordpress language you set.