Create Mega Menu

Hi There,

I've currently installed your BeApp Theme on my local computer and want to enable a mega menu in my footer to have multiple columns for links with headings. I am looking for documentation on how to do this.

Thanks,
Tammy

Comments

• Hi Tammy,

where have you seen mega menu in footer on our demos? Because the only mega menu we got can be setup in header where main menu is.

Thanks!
  • Hi There,

On http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/documentation/ 

Section 11.1 Footer - Be app only has the bottom copyright and social icons section, I would also like to activate the widgets section so I can add four columns and content for each column.

Thanks,
    Tammy 

• But there is nothing about mega menu in this section. But if you want to use widgets, all you need to do is add widgets under Appearance > Widgets section and they show automatically. You don't need to activate anything.
  • I guess that's my issue. When I drag any widget into any of the 4 footer sidebars. Nothing shows on my site. Only the Copyright & Social icons are showing along the bottom.
  • What's the url to your site?
  • I have it on my local computer. I wish I had it live for you to see. If I can't figure out the issue, I'll work on getting it up somewhere so that I can send you a link. Might take a bit of time, my office normally works in Drupal and we are looking at starting to use WordPress for some of our simpler sites. So we are planning to set up an entirely different server for our WordPress work.

• In the meantime, if you have any suggestions, such as my sending you screencaps etc... let me know. Best, Tammy

• Because site is not live, we have no idea what could be the issue. Screenshots won't also help in this matter because we must check the code of your website. So please just drop us the message when site will be online and we'll have a look on it.
  • Will do, thank you.
  • Hi There,

Got my site live, got the footer working, I commented out the css that was displaying it as none.

I have a new issue, how do I remove the bullet points in the footer menus?

Development site is wpteam.ifathom.ca

Thanks, Tammy

• Do you mean these small squares that are next to links in widgets section?
  • Yes, that's right. The small squares that are acting as bullet points. Thanks.

• Ok. So you can remove them with below css:
    .widget_archive ul, .widget_nav_menu ul { list-style-type: none !important; }
  • Thanks, that worked. I also removed the padding.

Now there's a bottom border/divider I need to get rid of, I thought of adding

.widget_archive ul, .widget_nav_menu ul { list-style-type: none !important; padding: 0; border-bottom: 0}

But it didn't do anything.

• As we see, bottom border was removed so it looks like you sorted this already.
  • Yes, you're right thank you. I had one of my developers look into it for me. Sorry for not mentioning it sooner.