hide comments icon and number of comments on blog

edited May 2015 in Blog
OK - I can hide comments on single post items - but on the blog page (showing X numbers of posts, where you can press Read More etc.) I can't get rid of the small icon and the number of comments - before the Read More.

as seen on your demo site:

for instance, the post named "Content builder for posts"
has 4 comments - and then the Read More.

But when disabling comments on my site, that little icon and the number 4 doesn't go away too (as one would expect, because when not showing comments on posts, why would you show how many comments there is)......

Comments

• Hi,

to remove comments from blog page, please use below css:
    .post-footer .post-links .icon-comment-empty-fa { display: none; }
    .post-footer .post-links .post-comments { display: none; }
  • First of all - thank you for that CSS......

But I'm still wondering why there's an option in betheme options to disable the read more, you can disable the ?social love?, the ?like? etc.

One ca also disabe comments on posts via betheme options, but you still show how many comments there is (really not logic at all).

I'm really thinking you should either
    1) Disable this also when comments are disabled
    or
    2) add another option to also disable this.

Instead of us users having to insert custom CSS to do this.
  • Thanks for suggestion. We'll consider this because we can't add all options as for many users who use poor servers, theme won't work if we'll add an option for every element visible on website.
  • ok - thanks - should mention that I also included the following CSS to get rid of the small vertical line:

.post-footer .post-links { border-left: 0px;}

• Hi, 

Same issue here: I don't want comments on my posts, so I disabled that.  
    However, in the sidebar widget, I still see the (0)... 

I tried adding the custom CSS but that doesn't help.  But I could be adding it to the wrong places.
    Where to paste this CSS? 

thx, 

Lieven
  • @looks-like So if the css provided above does not work, please send us link to page where you used it and it has no effect.
  • I'd also like to hide the comment bubble icon and number of comments next to each blog news item on this page: http://www.rmlawpartners.com/news/

I tried adding the above CSS to the Custom CSS page but it doesn't work...perhaps because I am using the "Blog News" shortcode item.  Is there other CSS that works?  Can you help?

Thanks, and love the BeTheme :)
  • @elioo99 You can remove those details with the following css:
    .Latest_news ul li.has-post-thumbnail .desc i.icon-comment-empty-fa, .Latest_news ul li.has-post-thumbnail .desc a.post-comments { display: none !important; }
  • That worked!  Thank you :)

One more thing while we're at it.  Is there a way to vertically center all of the text on the right hand side of the blog news posts on the same page: http://www.rmlawpartners.com/news/

For example, for the first blog news item on that page right now, I'd like the text "Rushovich Mehtani LLP Featured in Daily Journal..." and the date all to be vertically centered relative to the image to the left.  Right now it all appears to be vertically aligned with the top of the image to the left.  Is there a way to change that with some CSS?

Thanks again!
  • We are sorry but this one is not possible unfortunately.
  • OK thanks
  • Would be great to work on that for the next version update! :)
  • I am trying to delete the dates from the blog news widget.  Here is our current page:

Is there CSS code to accomplish this?

Thanks!
  • There is always some css to accomplish this.
    .Latest_news ul.ul-first li .date {
    display:none !important;
    }
  • Thank you!

The dates disappeared from that page, but they're still showing up in the blog news widget on our home page here: https://www.rmlawpartners.com/

I think it's because this latter blog news widget is being set up with a featured news article.  Is there separate css that you can provide to remove the date from the blog news widget on that page too?

Thanks again for your help!
  • Please point to that widget.
  • It's on the page www.rmlawpartners.com on the left-hand side towards the bottom of the page.  Specifically, it's the blog news widget that you see if you scroll down and see below the text "RECENT NEWS & PRESS".  There is an article at the left (Daily Journal) that is featured, and then two articles on the right (Law360 and Law.com).  The two articles on the right both still have the dates showing...

Let me know if you still don't see what I'm talking about.

Thanks!
  • Try this css
    .desc_footer span.date {
    display:none !important;
    }
  • It worked!  You're a rockstar.  Thank you!