Design theme home page layout

Hi, I love the design theme and I'm thinking of suggesting using it for a new client: http://toffeesinbusiness.com/. Can you tell me how you manage to achieve that layout ? I tried for instance creating a 1200 x 800 pic which is same size as existing portfolio item photo, but it only appears 1/2 the size of the one in your design.

Comments

• Just in case my question wasn't clear, it seems the images you are using on the DEsign THeme home page are all 1200 x 800, but on the home (portfolio) page they are sized differently creating a nice visual effect. I can't see how you did this ?
  • Hi,

can you explain what help you exactly need? Because as we see, demo loos similar to our except subheader in top of the website.
  • Woo Hoo, took some finding but I got there ! I see on portfolio item page there is a choice of size for masonry flat. GREAT FEATURE !!

:-)

• Ok:) thanks for the info!
  • Two more things if I may. Firstly is there a way to disable the zoom feature on portfolio items so that the photos simply act as a link ? You'll appreciate that most of the time the zoom feature (as used in your design theme) is actually of no use, and probably confusing for users.

Secondly I managed to find out how NOT to show the featured image on the portfolio page itself by looking at your demo page where yo've ceated a new section with column content:

(<style>.single-photo-wrapper, .project-description { display: none; }</style>)

but I couldn't see any references to this in the documentation so I guess a lot of people won't know how to use this very useful feature. You might like to include this, or even better have a tick box on the page which enables users to turn featured image on/off ?

Great theme by the way, I will now be using it for all my new customers  :-)
  • 1. Do you mean single portfolio items or what?

2. Thanks. We'll consider this while future updates.