Installation gone wrong

hi

can you check out http://betheme.codecreative.co.uk/?page_id=7

I just did a demo install and included file attachments

It seems to no quite have installed correctly

Can you advise what I did wrong?

Comments

• Hi,

looks like demo has not been imported completely. This can be related with not enough memory on server side (memory_limit) or with wp_remote_get() which may not be supported by server where you tried to import demo. This is wordpress function which uses loopbacks.
  • okay fair enough.

Can you advise what server or host provider this theme will work with?
  • Is there an alternative way to import via the wordpress import tool and xml files ?
  • We do not recommend anything special because theme works with most servers. This must be something limited that your host admin may fix we think. But if you want to try other server, you can check http://www.syfonix.com/special/betheme-hosting.php (this one is for free for 1 year for BeTheme customers).

All .xml files are included inside package under betheme/functions/importer/demo/be/ folder but xml files works the same way as "1 click installation" feature.
  • do they offer reseller hosting for web developers?
  • this is the response from my client

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us. If the wp funtion uses loop backs then it will not run on our shared hosting platform.

Our servers prevent scripts making HTTP (port 80) connections back to the same server that they're running on, as policy.

This is done to prevent the possibility that mis-configured scripts could enter, essentially, an "infinite loop", making call-backs to themselves. Such a situation is extremely detrimental to server performance, and would negatively impact other users also on this shared server.

Unfortunately we are not able to lift this block on a per-site or per-script basis, so you will need to see if you are able to reconfigure the script (or contact the script authors for assistance doing this), or use an alternative script that doesn't require HTTP requests to its own server.

I hope that answers your question but if you have any further questions then please do not hesitate to ask.

Best Wishes

Michael Northcott

Heart Internet Support

• We are not sure. You need to ask them. They send us this offer for our customers few days ago and that's why we would like to share with you.

About the answer you get from host provider - you can tell your host, that their hosting is not fully compatible with wordpress because this is standard wordpress function which uses loopbacks only for import needs. And without this function, it won't be possible to import all elements properly.