Gallery lightbox in posts

Hi,

I can't find how to create a gallery with lighbox effect in post content using defaults theme options.

Pictures are opened in a new page even if the link is media file when I inserted the gallery in the post content.

Could you provide more information. The defaut documentation of wordpress need jetpack to be installed and I want to use only the theme default options

waiting for your feedback

Comments

• Hi,

do you use recent version of theme? Because this was fixed with one of the recent updates.
  • Hi,

thank you for your response.

I use 8.2 version.

Please check
  • We fixed this in version 8.2.1 so this is the reason why it does not work on your side. We recommend to update theme and everything will be ok.
  • Hi there, I'm using version 8.5 of the theme and I too am still getting no lightbox with the base WordPress photo gallery. I've tried pretty much everything I can think of beyond disabling prettyphoto & installing another lightbox plug-in. Any guidance you can provide would be much appreciated. Thanks!
  • @chipriggs Any url to page with gallery?
  • Unfortunately I'm building out a site based off of the Be Theme that I can't share because I'm under an NDA & it's not launched yet. Not much help I know, sorry.

Overall the prettyphotos code isn't working in posts at all unless I add the class to a photo that's in the WordPress editor (which we're using because the client is comfortable with it). Since there isn't really a way to add a class to the galleries beyond injecting it with code I'm kind of stuck. Just for reference the "rel" tag for the gallery is set to "file".

I'm going to experiment with with handling this all a couple different ways this morning. We're still a little over a week out from the launch so I've got some time to get something figured out.

Also, since I've got you here I've got another issue that I'm seeing that I'd like to ask you about.  I'm seeing a general sluggishness in the response of the admin of the site now that I've moved it from my own testing server on Site Ground to Media Temple's WordPress hosting. I'm only running a hand full of plug-ins (Rev Slider, Dupe Post, Regen Thumbs, WP User Avatar) so I don't think that's killing the performance. Have you guys run into any poor performance experiences with people running this theme on Media Temple Wordpress hosting in the past? Just curious more than anything on this front.

Thanks!
  • We understand but unfortunately until we can't look on your gallery, we have no idea what could be wrong on your side. We tested gallery on our side several times and everything works good so for sure something is wrong on your side. This could be an extra plugin, wrong settings, incomplete files or maybe something completely else.

About the server, we did never noticed any problems with this server. We got some customers in the past who uses this hosting company as well and then did never complained.