menu bar

i have 2 questions:

1.) how do i change the color of the menu bar (i'm using the "hamburger" three line drop down menu icon)?  right now the menu bar is white with black text.  i'm looking to change the color of the background to gray and text to white (similar to what you have on the PR example).

2.) is there a way to change the movement of the menu bar?  i have 2 links that have sub links and when you hover past one it shoots the menu bar back up.  it's hard to describe, hopefully that makes sense.  

link to the demo site - http://fyrebrandz.net/

thanks

Comments

• Hi,

1) How you exactly want to change background and text? Do you mean responsive icon color or menu colors when is drop down?

2) We are not sure how you want to do it so will be great if you can show us necessary changes on screenshot.

Thanks!
  • 1.  i was able to change the text color.

2.  what i'm looking for is a way to make the desktop movement similar to the mobile site.  on mobile you have to click to get the submenu to drop down.  on desktop as soon as you scroll over it drops down, then jumps back up when you go past when is difficult to follow.

3.  how do i change the color of the footer?  right now it is black and i'm trying to change it to white.   i've gone into Appearance/Be Theme Options/Colors/Footer and changed the Footer Background color but it didn't change.
  • 2. So to get the same header style on desktop, you must choose "Simple" header style. Please notice that this is the only way to do get the same menu style on desktop.

3. It did not changed because you probably got pre-defined skin selected. Custom colors works only with custom skin. In this case, only below css will work:
    #Footer { background-color: #FFF !important; }
  • 2.  i have the Simple header style, that is what i'm wanting to adjust.  below is the link to video showing the movement that i would like to change.  
    when the mouse moves over "About" it automatically drops down to show the 3 sub items.  is there a way to get it so when the mouse hovers over About that it does not automatically drop down?  i would like to click on About to get the sub menu to drop down.

hopefully that makes sense.
  • The video you sent above, does not work unfortunately.
  • "what i'm looking for is a way to make the desktop movement similar to the mobile site.  on mobile you have to click to get the submenu to drop down.  on desktop as soon as you scroll over it drops down, then jumps back up when you go past when is difficult to follow."

How hard can it be to understand :) - I have the exact same problem and betheme can't seem to find any solution.

Kind regards
  • @Rugholm We thought that this user meant something else because we wrote many times already on this forum that it is not possible to use click action on mobile desktops the same as on mobile devices. It's just not possible.