Proceed to checkout button and checkout page not responding

I have WooCommerce plugin installed. My website was working properly but since yesterday, the "Proceed to Checkout" button has disappeared from the cart page http://www.shirtstore.com/cart/ and when I open the checkout page directly http://www.shirtstore.com/checkout .. the sections situated under the "Billing Details" keep loading and does not load.

How to resolve this issue? 

Comments

• Hi,

please upload WooCommerce and theme to recent versions. But if this won't help, then please remove theme files completely via FTP and upload them again. One of these solutions will work for sure.

Thanks!
  • Actually I can't even add any new product now either. Updating WooCommerce and/or theme will work for that too?
  • If you are not able to add products too, then something must be wrong with files on your side and you should update everything but via FTP only as we wrote above.
  • I can now add products but the original problem still remains.
  • I have the latest version of woocommerce and when I deactivated woocommerce and tried activating it again, I got the fatal error on line 40 of "woocommerce\includes\shipping\flat-rate\includes\settings-flat-rate.php" file and it was not getting activated.

I had to restore the files and database of my site to the day when the site was working perfectly fine but even after the restore of files and databases, the original problem I stated above still stands :(
  • We understand that this may be difficult for you but this problem is completely not related with theme. You can switch to default theme and you see the same error. All we can recommend is plugins, wordpress and theme re-installation. But if this won't help, you must contact with your site developer because there could be tons of reasons why you got this problem.

Thanks for understanding!
  • If I re-install woocommerce, would it affect the products I have? When I deactivated woocommerce earlier, the products disappeared too since products are part of woocommerce (right?!)

I understand its not a theme issue as I tried switching themes but it did not work.

So if you would be kind enough to tell me again what should I do?

If I am unable to do it, is it possible I provide you the access to FTP and dashboard and some expert from your end could look into it?

I am really lost here
  • No, re-installation shouldn't affect products but please re-install plugin via FTP (simply overwrite files). If you deactivate WooCommerce plugin, then of course products will disappear because this is how every plugin works.

Unfortunately we do not offer such customizations on server side. If you are lost, you should contact with your site developer because this is the only person who is responsible for your site, settings and everything what happen on server side.
  • downloading a fresh copy of woocommerce and uploading it again via FTP solved the problem. Thank you so much for your help and guidance.