Muffin Builder vs Visual Composer

edited July 2015 in BeBuilder
Hi, I have a few questions  I was wondering you could help me with:

1. Which features and items does MB has that VC doesn't?

2. Which features and items does VC has that MB doesn't?

3. VC allows you to fully edit the margin, border and padding of each column, row, image and other stuff in the content, for top, bottom, left and right. Is it possible for MB to do that as well as VC? So far, I have noticed that this is very limited in MB as it only shows you the options it wants. For example, for images you can only customize the top margin.

4. Is the theme fully compatible with the plugin "Ultimate Addons for Visual Composer"? According to the author, it must be if the VC in the theme has not been "heavily customized".

5. Would it be possible to create the page layout with MB and the content with VC? Would there be any complications to consider?

I appreciate your thorough answer for all of them, as they will be an important guide for me in building my design. I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you :)

Comments

• Hi,

1. As we remember some slider items are not compatible with VC.

2. All VC items are not included into Muffin Builder. These are completely different builders and that's why items are not included.

3. Muffin Builder got only an option to control paddings/margins for sections. For items you can set custom class and control everything with custom css what is much better for people with a little knowledge of css.

4. We did not tested this plugin so we can't answer on question. We know that many people use this plugin so probably works.

5. It depends what exactly you want to do but basically it is possible to use VC and Muffin Builder on the same page at the same time.
  • 1. What do you refer by "slider items" which ones?

2. So VC has more items/features than MB? I apologize, I couldn't understand very well your answer.

5. I would like to use absolutely every single page option from MB except create sections, because I will like to use VC for that (for content). Is that possible? Is there anything I should be concerned about?

Thank you
  • 1. We mean these items http://themes.muffingroup.com/betheme/shortcodes/loops

2. Builders are different and some items that exist in VC does not exist in Muffin Builder and vice versa.

5. Now, we do not understand what you exactly mean.
  • 1. Wait, so now you're telling me that VC doesn't have any of the shortcodes shown o that page? Woud you please mind being more specific?

5. I would like to use VC to enter content/sections/rows (images, text, etc) and MB for the page design (layout, sidebar, content padding, slider, etc). Is that possible? And if yes, are there any issues I should be concerned about?
  • 1. We think that we were clear enough. But if it's not clear enough, please open VC on your site, switch to "Muffin Builder" items and check what items from our builder are included into VC. You can see it on http://pasteboard.co/1EAYJukG.png

5. We did not tested it like this so we are not sure. But you can try to do it yourself as "Page options" are not related with Visual Composer so this may work as you want.