Wrong xml file format

I got this message when I go to Revolution Slider section in my dashboard:
#0 /home/.../wp-content/plugins/revslider/inc_php/framework/settings.class.php(682): UniteFunctionsRev::throwError('Wrong xml file ...')
#1 /home/.../wp-content/plugins/revslider/settings/slider_settings.php(123): UniteSettingsRev->loadXMLFile('/home/...')
#2 /home/.../wp-content/plugins/revslider/inc_php/framework/base_admin.class.php(348): require('/home/...')
#3 /home/.../wp-content/plugins/revslider/revslider_admin.php(359): UniteBaseAdminClassRev::requireSettings('slider_settings')
#4 [internal function]: RevSliderAdmin->adminPages('')
#5 /home/.../wp-includes/plugin.php(496): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#6 /home/.../wp-admin/admin.php(226): do_action('toplevel_page_r...')
#7 {main}

Comments

• Hi,

please update slider files via FTP because this looks like something wrong happened with your files during the installation.

Thanks!
  • can you tell me more detail on how to do that?
    just uploading revslider.zip or what...
  • reuploading slider files is not work... any idea?
  • It was not work...
    the error message is still exist...
    Please, I need rev slider work because I want to set the size of slider. Since slider setting is not working, I can not edit "hosting" type demo slider.
  • If re-installing did not helped, you should contact with server admin because problem is between slider and server. In this case, it's not theme issue.
  • I have contacted server admin, He said that there's nothing wrong with server and suggested me to contact plugin developer.

I follow that suggestion, but themepunch.ticksy.com said that my purchase code doesn't seem to be valid.
  • Themepunch are completely right because for bundled plugins, we do not provide purchase codes. You got purchase code for theme because this is what you bought. This is how it works on this marketplace. So if you want to talk with Themepunch, you must buy plugin from them. However we can't agree with your server admin. They are wrong and Themepunch will tell you the same. If you don't believe, you can switch to default theme and you see that it's not theme issue at all.
  • I am using GoDaddy, have you ever hear same issue like this before?
    do you have any clue about what's wrong with setting or anything that server admin should look it forward?
  • Please, tell me the exact error indicating there is a problem in the hosting. I will let this known by server admin so we can solve it.
  • We are not author of this plugin so we don't know what the problem exactly is. But we heard that ThemePunch are planning to update to 5.0 version where they changed something so import may with different types of hostings. But what they exactly did and when new version will arrive? We have no idea.
  • Without any idea about what's wrong with hosting, the server admin can't do anything...
    You guys from muffingroup can't do anything because you are not plugin author...
    I can't contact rev slider guy directly because the plugin comes with theme...

So, do you have any idea to solve my problem?

• Yes, we got the only one idea - you must wait for a new plugin's version or you can buy plugin separately and ask them. But they will probably tell you the same that you must wait for a new version.