VC Rows

edited July 2015 in Theme support
Hi, I'm using VC and I'm trying to create a row with 4 columns in order to display my services. They were all very closed to each other so I increased the left and right margins in order to create some spacing among them. The problem is, that now one of the columns doesn't seem to fit in the row and instead of creating a line of 4 it is displayed as a line of 3. Do you know why that is happening? Why aren't the columns re-sizing in order to fit properly as a line of 4?

Here is my URL

Thank you :)

Comments

• Hi,

this is standard behavior. If you changed paddings/margins then there is not enough space to put them in one row. So or you must contact with your website developer who will modify some theme files for you or you will go back to original css because with simple css this can not be done.

Thanks!
  • edited July 2015
    Could you please let me know of any other way that can be used to create a row with 4 columns and a margin of 10px separating each column in order to display my services as I need?

I would really appreciate that :)

Thank you!
  • The only way is "Column" item with own html and css inside. If you don't know how to do this, you should contact with your site developer.
  • edited July 2015
    Well I can get 4 columns to be displayed in a row, the problem is when I add margin spacing among them, then they break up. It's really frustrating. I have noticed that this happens no matter what number of columns I choose for the row, if I add any margin then they break up, making some columns appear underneath the others :(

• As we wrote above, you did something wrong and that's why it does not work. If you want to play with css and don't know how exactly, you should contact with your site developer. Please notice that we do not offer any files modification and all changes are at your own risk.

Thanks for understanding!
  • edited July 2015
    Hi, I don't think I did anything wrong :) I simply used the VC settings to add margin spacing between the columns and that's why they break up. Nothing out of this world, just using some of VC's featues. I'm simply trying to understand why. I did not touch any files whatsoever, it is an issue related to the either the theme's css stylesheet or VC. I would like to understand which of these two is causing the issue and why. 

Thank you!
  • Do you have any site where we can look on it?