Link icon on products

edited July 2015 in WooCommerce
In the shop slider on the home page and the product category page, on mouse hover it shows the icon of link as shown and highlighted in the image image
I want to change that icon to the icon of cart or may be some other text. How can I do that?

Comments

• Hi,

if you got "Buy" option activated for products then cart icon should display by default what you can see on our demo. Because if you want to change current icon, you must modify theme files but please notice that we do not offer those kind of modifications and all changes you must do yourself at your own risk.

Thanks!
  • Hello,

"Buy" option is activated for products I guess since users can buy shirt from my site. Is there any setting I have to do? For now, having the cart icon appear will work so how can I make it appear instead of the link icons on the products?
  • Make sure that you don't have "Catalogue mode" activated under Theme options > Blog, Portfolio & Shop > Shop section because we do not have other suggestion.
  • Thank you for reply.
    I switched on the Catalogue mode under Theme options > Blog, Portfolio & Shop > Shop but I still don't see the cart logo.
    Is there any other suggestion?

Also, you said that if I want to change the icon to something personalized, I will have to modify the theme files, can you please tell me which files I will have to access and edit?
  • No, we do not other suggestion because this is all we set on our demos and as you can see, cart works fine. But for products list is responsible woocommerce/archive-products.php file.
  • if it works fine then why am I not seeing on my end. The cart works fine throughout the site but when a mouse is hovered on the product, it shows link icon instead of a cart icon.

Can I change the link icon to something else from the settings of betheme without getting into coding?
  • We have no idea why. We are not your website developer and we have no idea what you did exactly. Maybe you should install this theme on new/fresh wordpress without custom stuff to see that it works. It is something on your side definitely but we really have no idea what exactly you did because WooCommerce plugin got many options and maybe you forgot about something. If you will send us access to your dashboard, we can check what you did wrong.