Cannot switch from Both side sidebars to other layout [max_input_vars in .htaccess file]

edited August 2015 in Theme support
Hey guys,

I have the following problem: I want to change the layout of a page from "both sidebars" to "full with no sidebars". If I click on the button and update the page, it always switches back to "both sidebars". My question now: Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? Thanks a lot for your help.

Phil

Comments

• Hi,

if you are not able to save "Page options", you must contact with your server admin definitely because max_input_vars variable must be increased as current value is not big enough to save all settings.

Thanks!
  • So, I changed the max_input_vars in .htaccess. The problem seems not to be the max_input_vars but that data is not send correctly. If I have a look in the access log file on my server no data is shown. 
    I can give you login to my wp, so you can have a look at it.

Thanks a lot for your help!
    Phil

• Sorry but you are wrong. The data can not be sent because of limited max_input_vars variable. No .htaccess files and other tricks won't help in this case. You must contact with server administrator because this must be increased directly on server side and we are 1000000% sure about this.
  • Finally, I could solve the problem by using the following command in .htaccess file:

php_value max_input_vars 10000
    php_value suhosin.get.max_vars 10000
    php_value suhosin.post.max_vars 10000
    php_value suhosin.request.max_vars 10000

Now I can update my data again. Maybe this is helping some else :)
  • Our customers so far were checking these attributes directly on server side. We had no idea that this could be controlled under .htaccess file as well. So thank you for this explanation :)