How to make portfolio page using 1 category, but still filterable by other categories?

This one is a little confusing but I'm hoping there is a solution:

We have multiple portfolio types: Before/Afters and "Ask Joe questions/answers" are two of them.

Basically, I want to make an "Before/After" page where people can see just the Before/Afters (None of the "Ask Joe" questions), and then filter them by categories such as Fire, Water, etc.

Then I want to make an Ask Joe page, where people can just see the "Ask Joe" questions, but still be able to filter them by different categories like Fire, Water, Storm, etc.

The issue is, if I make the entire page a Portfolio page, then it shows both Before/Afters and Ask Joes. If I use the Portfolio "Item" in the Muffin Builder, then I can select a single category but thats it. So for example, I could pick the "Ask Joe" category, but then people can't filter by Fire, Water, Storm, etc.

Is there a way to make a Portfolio Page that only pulls up items that are tagged with a specific category, but still allows those items to be filtered by other categories? I may have an item that is categorized as "Ask Joe", but also is categorized as "Fire", "Residential", "Insurance", etc., and I'd like people to be able to sort through them.

Comments

• Hey,

unfortunately what you are looking for is not possible. Portfolio items display all categories but "Portfolio" item allow you to show items from different categories but as you mentioned, you won't be able to display items from categories that are not included into this item. So we are sorry but we do not have a gold mean in this case.

Thanks for understanding!