Responsive Search Icon and Author Filter

Hello,

I tried searching through your forums but did not find the answers to my problems. Please help me out.

1. How can i place the "Search Icon" next to the logo in mobile view? Right now it shows below the logo and gives a very bad look to the website.

2. On my homepage, the filter for "By Authors" is not working. Selecting an author name does not display any results.

My blog url is http://blog.qaksha.com

Thanks a lot :)

Comments

• Hi,

1. Search icon is in the different place in the code then logo and the rest. That's why it is below the logo on mobile devices. In this case there is only one solution but if this won't work as you need, then unfortunately there is no other solution:
    @media only screen and (max-width: 479px) {
        #Top_bar .top_bar_right .top_bar_right_wrapper { margin-top: -75px !important; }
        #Top_bar { height: 90px !important; }
    }
    2. The filtering does not work because you used dots (.) for and authors. It is not allowed by wordpress and that's why filtering does not work properly. Please replace those dots with something else and should be fine.
  • Hello,

Thanks for the quick reply.

1. I played around a bit with the CSS you provided and the theme setthings and was able to move the search bar. However, now the Search bar moves down if I open the menu.
    Is there a solution to that as well?

2. I am new to wordpress so please excuse me, but are you talking about using dots (.) in Nicknames for authors or for Usernames? Because I have just removed the dots from nicknames but the problem still persists. So should I delete the users and create new ones without dots in usernames?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Also, its an amazing theme. Kudos on that, would definitely recommend it to others:D

• 1. Yes, it is possible to move the search bar up. You can do this with below css:
    @media only screen and (max-width: 479px) { 
        #Top_bar .search_wrapper { bottom: -69px !important; }
    }
    2. We are talking about the authors who create posts. And yes, you must remove them and create new ones without dots because wordpress simply does not accept them.
  • Hello,

Thanks a lot. Will try it out.

Just one last question, forgot to mention it in the last post. Now that the Search icon is next to the logo, when I click on the Menu button in mobile view, the Search Icon moves down along with the menu that open. How can I fix the Search Icons position?

Please check my blog url for better understanding of what I am trying to say.

• Also, if I want to use this template on my main domain of this same company, will have to purchase another license? Just want to make sure before I use it.

Thanks!
  • Sorry but this one can not be changed. This needs modifications in theme files unfortunately because whole header must be rebuilt.

Yes, if you want to create another site, then you must buy another license because in accordance to TF license, one purchased license can be used for one site/domain only.