What is the best way to create "city pages" for SEO?

What would be the best way to create local city pages to help our SEO? Is there a plugin that is recommended to work well with BeTheme when using the Muffin Builder to build pages?

Also, is there a good way to search these discussions? I can't seem to find anything that I'm searching for. I search for City Pages, and it just brings up discussions with the word Pages. I search "city pages" with quotes, and nothing comes up. I hate to keep posting if you guys have already answered the question somewhere else (I know it's a waste of your time), but I'm just finding it very hard to find what I'm looking for.

Comments

• Hi,

a lot of our customers use built-in SEO fields. These fields are very basic stuff of course. But if you want something more advanced, then you can use Yoast which is compatible with theme but please remember to turn off built-in seo before using external seo plugin.

We know that it may be a little difficult to search this forum (there is too much stuff right now here and we can't move it) but you can search this forum in google because bots really like this forum and are indexing very well. In this case you can use below query in Google:
    keywords you are looking for site:forum.muffingroup.com/betheme/
    Thanks!
  • @exentre,

A plugin alone won't help you rank for City pages... but it will help.  Alot of that has to do with structure.  There are two ways our SEO clients have done this:

www.mywebsite.com/citya
    www.mywebsite.com/cityb

citya.mywebsite.com
    cityb.mywebsite.com

Depending on how your users will navigate the system, most likely the first version will work for you.  The url is one of the most important ranking signals, so you need to start there.  Once that's done, then the rest of the pages and deeper links should be built out and optimized.

Good luck!