Sidebar Content

i just added left sidebar to one page... please tell me how to add a new menu to this sidebar?

Comments

• Hi,

widgets for sidebars can be set under Appearance > Widgets section.

Thanks!
  • i followed your steps as you mentioned in other posts. On edit page, i can see my right sidebar section and selected sidebar created by me from theme options. But the plugins that i add, like menu, it doesnot show up there.
  • Before it was not showing up but recently i just removed and re-added it and it shows up right now.
    Thanks for your reply
  • now i have sidebar menu that i created for some purpose...i want to highlight clicked link in menu to show the viewr which category he is viewing... how to do it? i know how to add custom classes but here some logic is different.. plz guide
  • Any url to site where you want to do this?
  • http://autumnfeatures.com/wp/s1/

i want 2 things
    1) this highlight the active option
    2) Fold all the sub menu items and open only after click. when one is opened other main item's child should remain folded.
    please guide
  • 1) the links for all menu items on the right in the sidebar are the same. So how can we check if it is possible to set color for active item?

2) This is unfortunately impossible.
  • 1) As in our main menu, for active tab we see that tab highlighted with yellow underlines... i want to do the same with my side menubar.
  • Sorry but this unfortunately won't be possible. As we see, all menus items got "current-menu-item" class and the css we would like to give you, will change the color of all sidebar menu items.
  • edited August 2015
    i did my task 2) using jquey accordion. Have a look at my link.
    Can't this 1) be possible by some jquery script?
  • As we wrote above, it is impossible because every item in sidebar on your site is activate. Below css should work but if you will paste it, you see that all items will be highlighted because all items are active in your case:
    .current-menu-item.active a { color: #000 !important; }
  • using jquery i got the current link of my url and then ran a loop our my menu ui items and i added active class upon the one whose url matches my url browser. And it is working now.