Forum has been created to help all our customers in properly working our theme. We offer complete help with configuration theme and make default look, just like on our Be|theme demo. We don`t offer theme customization.

Before creating a new discussion, please:
1. Check on forum if discussion hasn`t been created before. Use the forum Search on the right.
2. Read carefully the documentation included to package.
3. If you didn`t find what you need and would like to post a new question click the "Start a New Discussion" button on the right.
4. You can post on forum only after registration (you need purchase code to register) .

NOTE!!! If you are starting a new topic and have got problems with your site and you want us to check what`s wrong please always give url to your site because without that we can`t check what`s wrong. Each case may be different because of your installed plugins, servers or other things.

IMPORTANT!!! Along with your inquiry, please attach the address of the page which concerns the question. This will cause the time to answer on your question will be much shorter. If you do not want to publish your address publicly in the forum, please send a private message. Thanks!

Edit width of submenu drop down

See http://dev.thinkreliability.com/

I have done quite a bit of css customization to the header, but I have one edit that I can't find the selector for. I need to make the drop down menu for standard menu (not mega-menu) wide. Currently, if you click on Cause Mapping (the first main menu item) you'll get a drop down. But the items in that drop down menu each take up 2 lines of text. I want to widen the dropdown menu enough for all submenu items to only take up on line.

What css do I need accomplish this?

Or is there a theme option somewhere that I missed?

Thanks,
Rob

Comments

• edited November 2015
    Please sign in to see answear!
  • Thanks so much. That was it. I've been working with this header to make it much smaller (not as tall), including getting submenu items to to wrap text into 2 lines....so this css helped a lot!
  • Please sign in to see answear!
  • Just to say thanks muffingroup - this solved the same issue for me.

Just to note though, the css code for me required adding in px - as in

#Top_bar .menu li ul li { width: 250px !important; }
  • Thank you, this helps me fixing the wide of the submenu.
    I set css editor on : #Top_bar .menu li ul li { width: 260px !important; }
    But now my second and thirth submenu are overlapping 
    each other.

The first submenu drops down "that's fine", the second and third submenu appears on the right that's fine too, but it appears on the "standard width" around 190px place, The second submenu box has to move 70px to the right.
    The only thing what i have moving around to the right, is the text inside the submenu not the whole submenu box.

Thanks,
    Michael
  • edited May 2016
    http://wp.jacosta.nl/
    Like this top menu: Onze werkzaamheden > Schoorsteen werkzaamheden > Schoorsteenkap > Windwijzers sierkap

Betheme v13.1
    Wordpress v4.5.2

Testing with Chrome and Edge

Thanks,
    Michael
  • edited May 2016
    I have tried that before, without the ul at the end.
    It works now thank you!
  • Hello muffingroup.

I got the same Problem but i dont know where i should fill in (#Top_bar .menu li ul li { width: 250px !important; })

my webiste is www.rolandandres.at

maybe you can send me an advice thx in advance!

• Seems like it would be easier to have things like this as adjustable in the theme settings?
  • Hi, I had the same problem as michaelk026, which I solved with your CSS, thanks. But in my menu there is both a dropdown item and a mega menu item. But this CSS also affects the mega menu (see http://www.studionicolussi.cloud). How can I solve?
  • With your CSS code I solved the overlap of the second and third submenus for the "PRODOTTI" item, but also in the "LINEE" item (done with megamenu and not dropdown menu) the third submenu is moved to the right (see the link above). But here I don't need it... Thanks!
  • Hi, 

I've placed this into my CSS section within the theme options, but it doesn't change my sub menu at all? I've tried 3 different browsers but it's just not working for me. Is there anything I am missing. Cheers. 
    • #Top_bar .menu li ul li { width: 250px !important; }