Updated to from version 9.1 to 9.7.1 and now my child-theme css styles no longer take precedence

Hi,

I've recently updated to the latest version and my custom css is no longer overriding the settings in the theme options panel. I noticed that, for example the colors are no longer being written directly into the <head> of the page rather than to style-colors.php as before. This makes it impossible to override styles from an external style sheet. Did something go wrong in the update?

Please tell me
  1. How to make my custom child-theme style sheets take precedence in general
  2. Specifically where in the options panel is the text logo setting because I can't even find where the dynamic setting is coming from and I don't want to change all my h1 colors
  3. Why the options panel button color does not apply to the "Submit Button" on a contact-7 form (where is this setting)
Also, do you plan on updating this theme with this much frequency...weekly or even multiple times weekly...in the long-term? I appreciate the effort to address bugs and improve the theme, but for customers who already have a website built, it is extremely burdensome to keep up at that pace. Especially when the updates break something that was already there and thus require significant time troubleshooting.

Thank you,
Susana

Comments