Custom fonts not working

Hi, 

I uploaded a custom font under Theme options > Fonts > Custom section but the font does not show up in the fonts list and I can't use it in my css file either. Are there any other steps to get a custom font to show up?

Thanks!

Comments

• Hey,

if font does not display, it means that font files are corrupted or you did not uploaded them all. Each font must have 4 formats.
  • Let me clarify.

The fonts work if I set "Content Font" under "Family" in the BeTheme options, but this is not what I want. I want to use the uploaded font (which I can see in the list of fonts under "Family" in the BeTheme options) in, for example, a custom heading or a text area. If I create a style in a child theme like so:

.missrobertson {
    font-family: MissRobertson;
    }

And I apply that css class to "Extra class name" section of a custom heading or a text area, the font doesn't show up.
    So the font is there in the BeTheme options and works if I set the all of the content to that font, but doesn't work for individual VC headings or a regular text area.
  • Maybe it's because your css is wrong or you did a mistake in css's somewhere because above css and this is the reason why it does not work? In our opinion, the css should look like:
    .missrobertson {
        font-family: 'MissRobertson' !important;
    }
    of course if font name is proper.
  • I have same problem, but 
    font-family: 'MissRobertson' !important;
    does not help. 
    Any other solutions????
  • Resolved

I was need to change font-family for Logo. I used <span>  for logo text at dashboard and wrote style for span. It work
  • @kaspirovich We're glad to hear that you sorted it out :)
  • I'm having the same problem. When I try and upload different font types I get error messages:

lettergothicstd-webfont.woffSorry, this file type is not permitted for security reasons.
    lettergothicstd-webfont.woff2This file type is not allowed. Please try another.
    lettergothicstd-webfont.woffSorry, this file type is not permitted for security reasons.
    When I upload via ftp the files don't show
  • @georgetate Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason. Please don’t forget to let us know what for the access is.
  • Thanks for that, I've found another way of doing this so OK  :-)

• @georgtate How did you do it? 

Got the same problem. I am trying to upload the font but receive the error message

"Sorry, this file type is not permitted for security reasons."

What did I do wrong? 

•  Please send us WordPress dashboard access privately thru contact form which is on the right side at http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact and we will check what might be the reason. Please don’t forget to let us know what for the access is.