meta description

Hi,
I'm trying to optimise the meta description in title section of my site. I added description through the admin panel and added meta to each page with Yoast SEO plugin, hoverer I see that there is still this line in <head> section: 
 <meta name="description" content="Just another WordPress site" />

Where among all the files on FTP server can I find the right  file to edit that text manually?

I tried to look at theme header.php file, but this text  "Just another WordPress site"  is not there..

KInd regards,
Aliona

Comments

• Hi Aliona,

this meta comes with WordPress by default. This text comes from Settings > General section. However, if you want to remove this line completely, you can do it in functions/theme-head.php file only.

Thanks!
  • Hi,
    Hi has already changed the default text in Settings > General section. And when I open the 
    wp-content/themes/functions/theme-head.php - I don't find there this text "Just another WordPress site", But I see that it is in the code of header if I look on code through browser. 
    So where can I find that text in WP files?

Kind regards,
    Aliona
  • Seriously? Because we see the code responsible for meta description http://snag.gy/j328S.jpg
  • Hello, 
    So where in the attached image do you see the line "Just another WordPress site"? 

I changed "content" text in theme-head.php file now, but still when checking website code through the browser I can see the line "Just another WordPress site" is still there..
  • Do you know what is php and what is database? You should know that all texts are stored in the database and are called via php files. If you do not understand how it works or what php and database are, you should do not touch any files and you should contact with website developer.

Anyway, "Just another WordPress site" words may come from Settings > General section or from Theme options > SEO section where description field is. We recommend to remove those words that way because what you wrote above, means you have no idea about the coding.
  • Who asks a customer "Seriously?"

You are so rude. You need to find another line of work.

I guess when you're rolling in the dough from a theme you don't care about how you speak to your customers huh?

No need to respond. I just came here for an answer and it amazes me how disrespectful you guys are.