Sidebars Dont show on custom post type archive

Hi
The sidebars on archive-{custom-postype}.php don't show.  I copied the Page.php and did my code edits but nothing seems working.

Comments

• Is anybody watching this support forum or do you want to say "We hope you understand " .
  • Hi,

yes, we are watching this forum of course but looks like you don't know what time and when we work. We recommend to have a look on our profile's page http://themeforest.net/user/muffingroup#contact where we clearly explain when we work.

In accordance to your question, we recommend to check our custom post types that are under includes/ folder. There are custom post types like portfolios.Hope that files will be helpful because in accordance to Item Support Policy, we do not offer any files customization.

Thanks!
  • edited October 2015
    Ok i see the timings now. Well I don't know how you did it but when i read codex i see this 

Make a copy of the single.php or archive.php file as a starting point. That way they will inherit some of the theme's html structure. Remember to add the post type name to the file ex. archive-post_type.php. From there you may want to customize further...
    That is the core followed by every theme provider, what is wrong with this theme that I can't get it to work  as officially stated?
  • The url you refer to, is default WP solution of course. We are not using the same one because our customers want to use both sidebars at the same time what is impossible with default WP solution. To create custom post archives, you must copy the content of index.php file where all those sidebars are. Files like single.php or archive.php are lack in possibilities and that's why we do not use them.
  • Thank you for being so responsive. I am loving it. so i copy index.php into a custom template and replace loop with my one loop and  sidebars will show?

• Well this is not working .  Only thing that works is if i create a template page and then use that template for a page while creating it under Pages menu. That way it starts to inherit the sidebars. Overall experience with this theme is "I'm not happy!" 
    Changing Loop inside the index.php as they stated didn't work as they had claimed. 
  • All custom posts that comes with theme we made that way and it works. So if it does not work on your side, it means that you are doing it wrong. Of course you can send us private message with more details of what you did, but if it's your fault, then it will be paid service because like we wrote above, we do not offer files customization. We'll proof that you are doing it wrong and using the content from index.php file works as should.

P.S. If you are not happy using this theme, you can always ask Envato for a refund and switch to another theme that you are happy with.

Thanks for understanding!
  • No i don't want a refund . Why i'm pushing this so hard is because i want to use Betheme for all future projects ( I am being honest). I want it to be simple. I showed this theme to my boss and when she saw the demos she decided that we have finally found it, but alas the custom posts .

I want a simple solution. I am using Event Espresso plugin and this theme won't add sidebars to that page as well.

As far i see portfolio custom post type , you have got a settings panel for it under theme options. What about a new custom post type? Can ya provide a simple file tutorial where in i can replace ur loop with mine and it works ?
  • We are really sorry, but like we wrote above, we do not offer files customization. We do not make any exceptions, because if we will, after that we would get hundreds of requests for other customization as well. Like we wrote previously, index.php is great base for creating own custom post types. You can also check portfolio custom post type (this file is under /includes/ folder) like you mentioned and check how we did it there as well.

However, if you are unable to handle it, you can contact with our colleges: http://rewrkz.com/ or http://maneepfactory.com/betheme/ and they will tell you what you did wrong. Please understand that we are WP developers, not website developers and we can not customize any site you only want because it's impossible. Also, please notice that you are not asking about simple solution. Your asking about files customization what in accordance to Item Support Policy is not included because of obvious reasons.

Also, you can send us private message with access to your FTP and dashboard with more details of what you did and what is exactly unclear but if this won't work because of your mistakes, then it will be paid service as the issue is not on theme side.