Responsive images / srcset / thumbnail sizes / Lazy Load

Hi everyone,

I have an e-commerce site with a homepage built with the Muffin Builder. 

• A promotional image 725x395 inside a wrap, and 
  • a list with latest products of the WooCommerce shop.
When the design goes to mobile, the image can easily go down to 400px width, and the product images from the list go smaller than 100px. But everything is scaled in the browser, and the images are in their original sizes, over 300px.

1) If I make a image block that shows only a smaller image in smaller devices, does it also loads the larger image?
2) Is there a lazy load plugin that works well with BeTheme?
3) If i add thumbnail sizes manually via functions.php will the theme select that image for loading when I make a product list with thumbnails?

Any advice about plugins or techniques for Muffin Builder / Betheme playing with lazy loading and responsive images will be appreciated.

PS. It's supposed that Wordpress, since 4.5 has native support for srcset but.. how does it play with betheme?

thanks in advance,
Víctor.

Comments

• Hi,

1. Theme does not have such possibility but you can use WP Mobile Detect plugin if you want.

2. We did never tested any similar plugin but any properly written plugin, should work.

3. Wordpress pick up which size supposed to be loaded only for the images that are set for Featured Image field. This function won't work for images loaded with WordPress Editor or Muffin Builder.

Thanks!
  • Hi there. I'm looking for a lazy load plugin too. I tried a3 Lazy Load but it creates conflict with Be Theme gallery.
  • Hi,
    sorry but we cannot provider you with any solution to this problem. Have you disabled load more? Maybe this is the problem with the plugins.
    thanks