Sidebar Widget

I have added a sidebar to my blog and post pages of my site to which it displays the message:
"This template supports the sidebar's widgets. Add one or use Full Width layout."
But I cannot figure out how to add/create this sidebar widget.
There isn't a "sidebar" widget in the widget section of wordpress. I also went to Appearance > Customize > Widgets but again the only available widgets are Footer widgets even though the page itself has the placeholder with the above message.

Do i have to install a sidebar widget somehow? Can you please help me fill in this area?

http://dev.shoneassetmgmt.com/news-insight/

Comments

• Hello,
    you can set a individual sidebar for a post by editiing it and changing the layout or going to theme options>sidebars and set the desired sidebar for all single posts. Remember that you can always create your own sidebars in theme options>sidebars.
    thanks
  • Sorry, not sure i explained well enough. How do i edit/create the sidebar? I have the placer on the page where the sidebar widget should go, I just need to figure out how to customize the widget so it shows up with my content.
    I cannot find an existing widget with the name "sidebar" where i
    can add the content that I want to appear, ie Archives, Recent comments
    etc.
    There is a "Blog | Uncatagorized" widget, I tried editing and saving that one, thinking it may be what i was looking for but it didn't seem to work or I did something wrong.
    Can you give instruction on how to create the sidebar widget that would then appear in the sidebar area?
  • I have the same problem in creating sidebar in Betheme option,the sidebar doesn't appear on my shop page
  • I have the same problem too !
  • If you read what I wrote again you will see that you can create any sidebar you want in theme options>sidebar and then append it to any single post. You can edit it later in appaerance>widgets.
  • edited September 2017
    ok tks !!!
  • @Muffin Support Thank you for your response to this query. I had an exact same scenario and it was resolved by the steps provided.