How to Disable Duplicate Home Page?

There's a problem with the home page where it allows duplication...and is also being indexed by Google.

example.com/page/2
example.com/page/3
example.com/page/85 

How do I disable this? All of these pages should 404, but instead they just show the home page duplicated. 

Thanks!

Comments

• Is support going to respond to this or what?
  • Hi,
    sorry but the support does not work on weekends.
    We cannot really enter any of your links, there is some permission issue.
    thanks
  • Those are just links from example.com (a domain I don't own). I don't want to post the actual URL here. Can you please address the problem without that?
  • There is nothing we can do, unless we won't get url to site where you have a problem. Please notice that you can send us such link privately if you don't want to send it publicly.
  • Please go to settings>reading and set the static page as your main page.
    Also you can go to settings>permalinks and change to "post name"
  • I have done both of these and it still did not fix the problem.

.com/page/2
    .com/page/50
    .com/page/ + any number resolves when it should be 404 error.

Please advise on the correct setting.
  • Maybe there is a cache issue. Please diable all plugins, make sure that your server does not have cache enabled and delete browser cache. Then refresh the page.

If you selected the "post name" permalik type, then you should be able to get post names in the URL and not ID numbers.

• I don't think you are understanding my request...

Anything with the URL structure .com/page/(number) resolves to the home page.

It should 404, that is the problem. The home page should not be duplicated across multiple URLs. 

Please advise with a method to disable this.
  • This is not a theme issue, how would it be. This is either .htaccess or some server settings, we do not know. This also could be a plugin you are using, SEO or security plugin. Check it out first.
    Make also sure that wordpress and your theme is up to date.
    thanks