Slider (featured image size).

Hi,

I would like to know how to define the size of the featured image of the slider.

I added some slides in wordpress, but the slider doesn't show the whole picture. They are cropped

The strange thing it's the first time it was ok, but I deleted all the slides to add some new (that had the same size) and this time the pictures were cropped.

Thanks.

Mike

Comments

• Hi,
    There are many types of featured images in the theme, here are instructions for changing them:
    1. To change the size of the images used in portfolio/blog/shop, please navigate to theme options>blog,portfolio&shop>featured image.
    2. To change the size of the default WordPress gallery images, please go to settings>media.
    3. To change the woocommerce images size please go to woocommerce>settings>products>display.

Notice!
    Remember to use thumbnail regeneration after you make your changes. Otherwise, the images will not change their size.

thanks
  • Thanks. But it's the images featured in the shortcode "slider" that I would like to change.

First time, it showed the picture at the right size, but after I change the pictures in the slide pannel of wordpress, the pictures were cropped this time. It's quite strange, because the pictures have the same size.

Here is a screenshot, where you can see the difference.

I can see in the slides pannel, that there is a size. Maybe it's this size I have to change, but how ?
    It's strange, that I had the good size, the first time with the first pictures (as you can see in the first screenshot on top).

Here is a screenshot of the slides pannel :

Thanks.

• Could you please send us a link to your page with this slider so we could inspect the code?
    Also send a link to the slider you are comparing it to.
    thanks
  • It's the same link. It's an update. But without modifying anything, the slider size wasn't the same when I add some pictures later...

Here is the link : http://www.philippefauchet.be/la-cave/

My pictures size is 1630 x 1088 px, but the slider crop the pictures. 

In the slides pannel (as you can see in the screeshot posted in the previous post), it's written "Featured Image size recommended -> 1630 x 860 px". Maybe it comes from here, but I can't change anything. I would like the slider not to change or crop my pictures. Thank.
  • Sorry for the late response, we checked and there might be a bug in the demo.
    We will fix it in the next updates. For now you can only change the size manually with a child theme using the file: betheme/functions/theme_functions.php
    the function is called: mfn_add_image_size

• Hi,

Thanks.

I modified the size in the "theme_functions.php" but it doesn't seem to work.

The pictures size remains the same.

• This has nothing to do with the text in the options. Please regenerate thumbnails and the image size will change.
  • I launched "Force Regenerate Thumbnails" and it seems to work, thanks a lot.